Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Youtube TV skipping, buffering

How do we fix the Youtube TV skipping, buffering, stuttering?  I've tried reboots of both Roku and my internet.  I've deleted the app and reinstalled.  EVERYTHING else works great....Please someone at Roku give me an answer.

5 Replies
Level 7

Same issues here. It will buffer in the middle of watching a program

Getting very frustrating. Have roku and streaming you tube..In the middle of show it will start buffering, get blurry and freeze... I check connection said signal is fine and I am connected!! So its a you tube issue... Had wifi checked its a new router tech said it's fine..So its you tube.....What can be done...

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Same issues here. It will buffer in the middle of watching a program

Same happens to me while watching live sports, mostly NFL games.

0 Kudos
Level 7

Re: Youtube TV skipping, buffering

Same here. Buffering as video loads or when advancing forward. Audio jitter as most videos begin. 

Only started this recently after update 

0 Kudos
Level 7

After not hearing from Youtube TV about the issue.  I fired them and went to FuboTV.

0 Kudos
Level 8

Same problem here with LG OLED TV and Ultra High Speed HDMI Cables, plus the other recent issues:

Spectrum App missing on the ROKU is not acceptable.  We were never informed they were going to be eliminating the use of the Spectrum App.  Constant BUFFERING on everything now through the ROKU seems to be more common in the past 6 weeks even with 400mbps service from Spectrum.  Also buffering YOUTUBE more and why???  How come all of the sudden there are on screen ads for DISCOVERY PLUS while watching shows or movies on ID, TLC, etc, we subscribe and pay for the channels we are watching so there shouldn't be ads for other streaming services covering the content we pay for.  Why all of the sudden after their last ROKU update do I get total freezes with the 2020 ROKU Ultra, the remote just flashes the led on the ROKU but nothing happens?  Why after the last update do I get HDCP errors which should not be happening with an HDCP compliant OLED TV and High End HDMI Cables?  ROKU has really dropped the ball and is getting very money hungry and focusing on more ad revenue then improving the service they already have.

0 Kudos