Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Your Roku is not connected to a device that supports Surround Sound

Using Roku Ultra or even an older Roku 2 XS: When I connect to an older tv or monitor through a HDMI port and streaming TV channels from a Tablo device the message "Your Roku is not connected to a device that supports Surround Sound" comes up and it will not allow me to stream the content.  I tried to change the audio to PCM  and Auto detect but it does not make any difference.  Any ideas??

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Your Roku is not connected to a device that supports Surround Sound

cANT HELP BUT CAN SHARE MY STORY.  hAVE ROKU uLTRA ON ONE TV AND Roku pREMIERE+ ON ANOTHER.  I RECORD ota ON tABLO.  One day I tried to play recorded show on off of my Tablo and it did not work ("your Roku...device the support Surround...") It always did untile that day.  Called Tablo support and they said Tablo did something and only way to correct was FACTORY RESET  Roku.  It worked (almost) as the Ultra immediately worked but the Premiere+ did not.  I factory reset 3 time and it still does not work.  I have tried several different setups and always no good results.  Roku not answering phones either.

0 Kudos