Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grock009
Level 7

YouTube goes to home after a few hours

We like to sleep to 10 hours of white noise on youtube. For months it worked great.  We'd wake up and it would still be going.   Late 2019 it would pause after a few hours and prompt "are you still watching yes/no?".   Recently, in the past week,  after about 3 hours it stops and goes to the Roku home screen,  and the silence wakes me up.  I can't find a setting to remedy this.  Please help.  

0 Kudos
4 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: YouTube goes to home after a few hours

@Grock009 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Your issue may be related to the Bandwidth Saver feature. Try going to Settings > Network > Bandwidth Saver > Off. Does this resolve the issue that you are seeing?

For more information about the Bandwidth Saver, visit our Support page here: How do I use Bandwidth Saver to avoid going over my internet data cap?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
boogernose
Level 18

White noise? Sounds like an interesting screensaver option.

Would you pay $1.99 for this?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
0 Kudos
Grock009
Level 7

Thank you.  I changed the setting and hope that resolves it.  

0 Kudos
JD2
Level 7

Let us know if it works, my husband and I are having the same exact issue. We put on the 8 hour ocean or some video like that, and a couple hours later it is back to the Roku screen, wakes me up etc. I hope the solution works!

0 Kudos