Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
crazytwig19
Level 7

YouTube and Formed Channels Not Working on 4230x aka Roku 3, PBS Kids Channel Not Normal

Jump to solution

YouTube Channel:
For about the last 2-3 weeks, perhaps even a month, my Roku 3 (4200 series) (4230x) has not been able to load the YouTube channel (note: note YouTube TV). It brings up an hourglass loading symbol, then goes to the home screen

Formed Channel:
Also, our Formed channel loads, but won't retrieve any video. The "retrieving" progress bar starts, but stays about 1/8 of the way full no matter how long I wait.

PBS Kids Channel:
A third channel - PBS Kids, has worked, but not as usual. While we are able to view videos, it won't load the "live TV" and instead displays a large pink box saying "issue retrieving Live TV". While not being able to view live TV isn't really an issue for us, the issue here is that the pink box stays on the screen when viewing any of the other videos. This is usually fixed by going to the home screen, then re-loading the video.

Troubleshooting Attempts:
Since all of our other channels are working fine, I've done the following for each of these three:

1. Checked for updated software
  2. Checked for updated Roku OS
  3. Uninstalled channel, restarted device, reinstalled channel
  4. Gone to secret screen to try an downgrade OS

Nothing has worked. These are our 3 most used channels (other than Plex), so it is really unfortunate that we can't get these to work.

Anyone have a suggestion?

System Info:
Model: 4230x - Roku 3
Version: 049.30E04194A
Build Date: 20200716
Serial Number: 4E653N103823
Software Version: 9.3.0 build 4194-04
Last Updated: August 7, 2020
Last Checked for Update: October 19, 2020
Channel Store Server: api.roku.com (US)
Software Update Server: release

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
crazytwig19
Level 7

Re: YouTube and Formed Channels Not Working on 4230x aka Roku 3, PBS Kids Channel Not Normal

Jump to solution

UPDATE 10/20/2020:

I did some more looking and saw that some internet filters might affect video playback. I disabled mine and all my channels were working just fine. Luckily, I can specify device level filtering. Lesson learned, always check internet filters when troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
crazytwig19
Level 7

Re: YouTube and Formed Channels Not Working on 4230x aka Roku 3, PBS Kids Channel Not Normal

Jump to solution

UPDATE 10/20/2020:

I did some more looking and saw that some internet filters might affect video playback. I disabled mine and all my channels were working just fine. Luckily, I can specify device level filtering. Lesson learned, always check internet filters when troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos