Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

YouTube TV live playback not functioning

I have the Roku Express+ and in the last few weeks, the live TV mostly does not work.  After selecting 8 channel, I get the spinner and then the screen is black.  I have checked for updates on both the app and the Roku and everything is up to date.  I have removed and reinstalled the app, powered off and on the Roku and done a factory reset.  And I have an excellent wireless signal.  Does anyone know how to resolve this.  It is unusable for live TV and it is on my primary television.  Any help is appreciated.

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: YouTube TV live playback not functioning

Live tv -- are you referring to:

• an over-the-air signal picked up by aerial from a local station using the tv's tuner?  Or ...
  • a Roku channel app that includes live broadcasts?  If so, which one?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It is the YouTube TV live stream.  It is part of the YouTube TV app that runs on the Roku device.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 17

Sorry, I should have picked that up from the thread title. Sounds like you've tried everything I know to suggest.

Has your Roku system recently updated its software to version 9.3? If so does the date correspond to when your problem started?
  • Roku Streaming Stick +, 3810X, Ser YH0059427035, wifi - Samsung UN55ES6100
  • Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi - JVC EM37T
  • TCL Roku TV 43S425/C107X, Ser X000001R60KV, wifi
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

It is version 9.2.1 build 4090-AE.  I am not sure if it has updated and if so, when it was.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I found that it last updated on April 24th.  That is about when it stopped working.

0 Kudos