Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cary1212
Level 7

You tube suddenly stopped working

At around 5 this morning, You Tube suddenly stopped working after it had been playing music for about 18 hours, straight.  I turned the tv off and oma few times, to no avail.  All other channels work fine.  I saw on posts about a year ago that removing & reinstalling the app didn’t work.  

Any ideas?  Thanks!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5\
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: You tube suddenly stopped working

@Cary1212 wrote:

I saw on posts about a year ago that removing & reinstalling the app didn’t work.  

It doesn't usually work if you don't do it correctly.

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel did not install correctly, has received a faulty update, or has subsequently gotten corrupted. A reinstall of the channel to get its latest version may fix the problem, so give it a try. Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key and choose Remove channel option.
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory via Settings > System > System restart. (On a Roku TV, this is Settings > System > Power > System restart.)
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

If the problem persists at this point, it typically means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel itself as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Do not ask me support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.". Please only do this if it ACTUALLY solves your problem.

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X | Streaming Stick 3600
Mayo55
Level 7

Thanks for your suggestions. Unfortunately it didn’t work. My YouTube App also stopped working late Friday 6/11. I read that there are issues with You Tube TV. Does anyone know is this also affecting the YouTube App?

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi @Mayo55,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community! 

Try to remove the channel again, update the Roku device by going to Settings > System > System update > Check now, restart your Roku device, and add back the channel. If the issue still persists, we suggest you reach out to the channel partner directly.

You can reach them here: https://support.google.com/youtube/?hl=en#topic=9257498

Thank you,
Mary

Mayo55
Level 7

Thank you! My YouTube APP is working again!! I’m very happy! Thanks again!

Cary1212
Level 7

thank you!  that did work!

0 Kudos