Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NARDO
Level 7

Yellow screen

my streaming stick seems to be broken. When I turn on, the purple Roku screen starts and the colors are off. Then, the entire screen turns a yellow gradient for about 10 seconds and then there is no picture or signal.

What can I do to fix this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Yellow screen

What model Stick do you have? If you can't see a model number embedded in the case somewhere, is the case purple?

A purple case means it's the 3400/3500. That version of the Stick is basically obsolete. It doesn't work with some of the newest channels, it's lacking in power, and replacement remotes are no longer available. If yours is purple and you still have a working remote, you can probably sell the remote for enough to pay most of the cost for a new one. 

If it's not a purple case, it's a 3600 or newer, and they are still a reasonable player. However, from the description of what you are describing, it's very possible that either an internal component has failed, a crack in a solder joint has broken a connection, or some other failure has occurred. Considering the cost of a new device, there's no logic in attempting to repair it. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
NARDO
Level 7

Re: Yellow screen

Thank for your perspective. I am aligned with your assessment.

0 Kudos