Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Wrong nbc,abc,fox affiliates; nbc wont load channel at all with wrong affiliate

I live in the greater Philadelphia area. I use my cable provider to log into most apps. I never had a problem until this past Thursday. My abc and fox channel are showing me local New York affiliates instead of Philadelphia (all other channels owned by nbc,fox, and abc work and play). When I go to nbc the actual nbc channel won't load  but it also shows an affiliate somewhere out in kansas. I have reset the roku, and my network and time zone and have done everything I could to fix this problem but have had no luck, I would like to be able to watch my local news especially with everything going on right now. 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 20

Re: Wrong nbc,abc,fox affiliates; nbc wont load channel at all with wrong affiliate

That is all controlled by the individual channels you are using to watch those affiliates. The Roku device itself isn't telling the channels where you are. It's all based on your subscription and the settings within the channels. I don't use any of those, so can't make any suggestion on where to look within each one. If they are getting the information from your cable provider to determine which affiliate to send you, then it might take some talking to them as well. With large cable companies that are located across the country, there's probably a "wire" crossed somewhere in their information they are providing ABC, NBC and Fox. 

Again, there's nothing in the Roku itself causing this. If there are no location settings within each app/channel, then it's something between your cable company and the providers. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Wrong nbc,abc,fox affiliates; nbc wont load channel at all with wrong affiliate

I don't think that's the problem, if that was the case I believe I would have a problem logging into and using the apps on my phone, they work normal on there. Other channels work and are the correct viewing area. This all started on Thursday and was previously fine.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 20

@Bmr1703 wrote:

I don't think that's the problem, if that was the case I believe I would have a problem logging into and using the apps on my phone, they work normal on there. Other channels work and are the correct viewing area. This all started on Thursday and was previously fine.

That would certainly indicate your cable company is providing the correct information. So that means it's the Roku channel providers that are feeding the wrong location. Again, that's not under the control of your Roku player or Roku themselves. Something in their (NBC, ABC, Fox) individual channels is not interpreting the information accurately. 

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos