Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bfrein
Channel Surfer

After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

After the update on May 8, the channels are still there, but when you go to Amazon Prime for example, it says "loading" and after abiout 15 seconds, it says Can Not load channel due to network, check your network connection.

Netflix is the only thing that works.

Rebooted modem, router 2x, restarted Roku 4x, still nothing. Very frustrating.

Manually checked for updates 2x, both time loaded channel updates 1-6, but still none of the channels load except Netflix

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: After last update, will not load any channels

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are experiencing problems with any or all apps not loading, it is likely from a failed automatic update. Customers have reported doing the following to resolve their issue: 

• Go to Settings > System > System update > Check Now
  • The device should then proceed to hang/freeze and reboot. Immediately do the above again, and the update should apply. After it finishes, back out once then: Settings > System > Power > System restart
  • The device should do the long restart with red screen then go to your Home screen. You should then be able to load and watch channels as usual.

If you are still experiencing an issue, we would recommend trying to perform a factory reset on your Roku device. For more information about how to perform a factory reset, visit our Support page here: How do I factory reset my Roku® streaming device?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

151 REPLIES 151
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Hello @bfrein

I hope you're doing well.

Could you specify the other channels that are not working? With Amazon Prime, please note that Roku 1 is no longer supported. Currently, the supported Roku devices are Roku 2 (except for models 2720x and 27020EU), Roku 3 (except for model 4230x), Roku Express, Roku Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (except for models 3400x, 3500x, and 3500EU), Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Ultra, and Roku TVs.

You can always visit our website at roku.com/offers for ongoing device promotions. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bfrein wrote:

After the update on May 8, the channels are still there, but when you go to Amazon Prime for example, it says "loading" and after abiout 15 seconds, it says Can Not load channel due to network, check your network connection.

Netflix is the only thing that works.

Rebooted modem, router 2x, restarted Roku 4x, still nothing. Very frustrating.

Manually checked for updates 2x, both time loaded channel updates 1-6, but still none of the channels load except Netflix

Have you reset the network connection?  (Settings/System/Advanced system settings/Network connection reset)

What is the current firmware version? (Settings/System/About)

Are you saying it keeps updating the same apps when you check for updates?  Can you name the apps it keeps trying to update?

After checking for updates, have you immediately restarted?

bfrein
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Every other channel but Netflix doesnt work. Disney +, Ovation, Smithsonian....none of the channels work.

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@RokuKariza-D wrote:

Hello @bfrein

I hope you're doing well.

Could you specify the other channels that are not working? With Amazon Prime, please note that Roku 1 is no longer supported. Currently, the supported Roku devices are Roku 2 (except for models 2720x and 27020EU), Roku 3 (except for model 4230x), Roku Express, Roku Express+, Roku Streaming Stick (except for models 3400x, 3500x, and 3500EU), Roku Streaming Stick+, Roku Premiere, Roku Premiere+, Roku Ultra, and Roku TVs.

You can always visit our website at roku.com/offers for ongoing device promotions. 

We'll keep an eye out for your reply.

All the best,
Kariza

It would be more helpful if you did not provide customers with misleading incorrect and non-officially sourced information meant for Canadian users from a third-party "Roku support site".

The 2710 is currently a supported device, both by Roku (receives OS10) and Amazon (Prime app version 5.21.1).  While it does not receive Prime app updates, the Prime app loads, authenticates, and streams properly (its supported).

StreamerUser
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

@bfrein wrote:

Every other channel but Netflix doesnt work. Disney +, Ovation, Smithsonian....none of the channels work.

Did you see my previous post to you and the specific questions/troubleshooting steps i asked/suggested?

Flowerchild
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I had an update today to my Roku Express to version 10.0.0 build 4195-51 and now I cannot run Prime Video.  It says the channel cannot run because there is not enough space.  I restarted the Roku, tv and router a couple of times.  I uninstalled Prime and when I went to reinstall it I got a message that it couldn't be installed.  But, after the second restart when I went back the channel is there.  I removed about 10-15 channels I don't watch.  I still cannot load Prime. 

I had a problem with the not enough space error on Youtube too, before the update, but didn't worry about it as I rarely watch it.  Just regular Youtube, NOT Youtube TV but now if I try to load the channel I get a message that it could not be reinstalled although I never uninstalled it. 

penguinsoda
Binge Watcher

Will not launch channels

Jump to solution

Not sure if this is exactly the right section to post this but...Yesterday after a power outage my Roku stopped working. Its never done this before after a power outage.  The home screen comes up, all my channels are there and I can navigate between channels but if I try to launch one a window opens with a spinning circle and it just says "loading." It does this on every channel. I've unplugged and restarted the device 3 times. I've rebooted my modem. I've checked my network connection and reconnected the network. If I scan for networks it says its connected and its a strong connection. But no matter what I do, it will not launch any channel and simply says "loading." I've left it and walked away for long enough it goes to sleep but it just just says "loading."

penguinsoda
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Having a similar problem with my Premier device except I can't get ANYTHING to launch. Restarted multiple times, rebooted router, reconnected internet.... all channels there but nothing will load and it won't let me add or remove anything. When I try do do a manual check for updates is just locks up and says "loading" but nothing happens. Never get any error messages it just eventually goes to sleep. I hope we get an answer to this because I'm not happy with their customer service at this point. 

Jump to solution

Same here none of my channels will load after the update. Inhave Roku Premier only a few months old.