Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
K8linC
Level 7

Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

My tv won’t play any sound it has the headphone symbol when you turn the volume up or down. We don’t have the remote with that capability and we don’t use the app very often. We have restarted and reset it and still nothing?? Please help!! 

2 REPLIES 2\
StreamerUser
Level 20

Re: Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

What model # and firmware version is your Roku?  Settings/System/About

Its not clear what you restarted/reset - your Roku? your phone? your phone app?

Try opening the app on your phone/select the Roku/Remote/toggle the headphones button once or twice to see if it re-enables audio on your Roku.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Why does my tv have headphones as the sound but we have no headphones plugged in?

The last time you used the private listening feature in the Roku app you probably left this turned on.  On my TCL Roku tv I've found this setting remains even when the Roku app is not running on my phone.

Go back into the Roku app on your phone and click the headphone icon to turn it back off.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking " Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos