Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Why does my audio stop working?

Hi @gingo,

Welcome to the Roku Community and thanks for the post.

We would be happy to see what we can do to help get you back up and running. 

Could you tell us more about the audio issue you running into? For clarification, does the issue only occur on Peacock or all channels on your Roku device? Have you tried rebooting your wireless network to see if that resolves the issue you are experiencing?

In addition, have you taken a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here:  What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support 

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BCE
Reel Rookie

Karla, how would you like us to send you that information? Post it here? 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @BCE,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Is the issue you are experiencing only happen on a specific channel or does the loss of audio happen on all channels? Is your Roku device is directly connected to a TV or through another device such as an audio/video receiver (AVR) or sound bar? What Roku model device are you using? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RanAndTonya
Channel Surfer

Regarding losing audio after pausing or muting a tv program for a several minutes. Could this have anything to do with how  Roku handles HDMI EDID?  

0 Kudos
BCE
Reel Rookie

All channels.

Connected directly to tv.

Roku ultra.

0 Kudos
dpg57

Same situation as above--will factory reset help to resolve? I don't want to have to reload all services and passwords, but....

BTW, I can get the sound to come on at times, but whenever I turn the TV power off, when I turn back on, the sound is missing.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BCE

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried using another HDMI port on your TV as well as switching out the HDMI cable to see if that helps? For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried connecting your Roku device to another TV to see if you are experiencing the same issue?

Please keep us posted what you find out and we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@dpg57

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? Is this issue happening on a specific channel or does it happen across all channels? Have you tried using another HDMI input on your TV as well as using another HDMI cable to see if that resolves the issue? What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing? What troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?
With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
BCE
Reel Rookie

I switched out the HDMI cable and it continues to be a problem. Then, I moved the problem box to another tv. The problem continues with the new tv. There is something wrong with the box. I never have this problem with my other ROKU box. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@BCE

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos