Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Evans968

Re: Why does my audio stop working?

Hello in there ... Hello?

we’ve had this Roku ultra for several years. Bragged about it to friends and neighbors. Now this. Is that all there is?  No help from Roku? Gotta buy another one and hope it works?  

gkatz
Channel Surfer

yes this happens when they run those untested updates. I again have that problem, audio drops out every 20 seconds or so. Junk. No testing. No QA. Just release new updates whenever. I reset the device several times, no change, as the update remains the same. They will ask what device do you have, etc etc etc. Sure it happens ALL CHANNELS all devices.

Audio stopped playing on one Roku so I bought the Roku Express 4K.  Installed and same thing.......audio stopped.  I reset, changed all the cords, changed HDMI ports and nothing changed.  This happens on all apps.  Please help! Audio on TV works great until I change over to Roku!

0 Kudos
JoeRoh

I figured out by myself that if I unplug the Roku box and plug it back in, the sound comes back on.  So that is the quick fix.  But this happens two or three times a week and is a pain in the *ss.  The real question is what causes this to happen and what if anything can be done to prevent it from happening in the future.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JoeRoh,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify the cause and resolve your audio issues. 

Could you tell us more about the audio issue you running into? Also, what are the channels that are affected? Are you using an A/V receiver or soundbar with your TV/Roku player setup?

We recommend taking a look at the troubleshooting steps provided by our Support page here: What to do if you do not hear sound from your Roku® streaming player | Official Roku Support 

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
RanAndTonya
Channel Surfer

We are having the same issue, except it does occur with YouTube TV and all other streaming platforms.  First was random here and there.  Now we have to restart RoKu 2-3 times each time we watch.  We have RoKu Ultra.  We noticed no software updates since May.  Could that be the issue?  

RanAndTonya
Channel Surfer

For us, it is not one or two channels.  It happens randomly with all of our streaming channels.  We have RoKu Ultra. At first we thought it was only YouTube TV.  But now it happens with all channels.  It seems it happens if we pause the RoKu for more than 2-3 minutes.  Then when we resume, sound is gone and we have to restart.  We are now restarting 1-2 times per evening.  Very annoying.  

0 Kudos
RanAndTonya
Channel Surfer

That’s what we did at first, but now it’s happening 1-2 times per evening.  It’s getting much more frequent. Curious if your situation has been resolved. 

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Hello @RanAndTonya

We are currently aware and our engineering team has been investigating this issue closely.
In the meantime, please help us with the required details below for us to send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team, and once more information is available I'll be sure to let the Community know:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-what are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue or error message
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
Please be aware that we are actively monitoring and investigating the discussions on this thread. Thanks again for your continued patience

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
gingo

@RokuKarla 

Please help! My roku express 4k+ is only 2 weeks old and basically does not have audio anymore! It was totally fine, but a few days ago on Peacock the audio just stopped working. Went to home page still not working. This now happens just on the home screen with no apps open... audio just stops working and doesn't come back. Sometimes doesn't even come back after resetting, unplugging, everything. Everything is fully up to date and all my connections are fine. Sometimes it will randomly come back after a long time of not working, but quickly stops working again. 

0 Kudos