Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PackerCountryUS
Level 7

Why does my audio stop working?

I purchased Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Voice Remote with TV Controls from Amazon and I have only had it for less than a month (Apr 8th) and having audio issues with it...
When the Tv is first turned on, you move the controls left/right/up/down, you can hear the clicking or acknowledging sounds that you are moving the pad. I can choose the app and start watching the movie/video without issue. It doesn't happen all the time, but eventually, after coming back from an advertisement or from pausing the video, there is no sound. I confirm that the TV volume is not on mute and can move up volume up and down, but still no audio.

I can go out of the app and still hear the acknowledging sounds when moving the controls, but when it goes back to the video, no sound.... Sometimes I can go back to the home screen or a different app to get it back, but most of the time I have to reset the entire Roku device before it comes back...

I have no issue on the other 4 Roku devices, so I have no clue what could be happening. Anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Why does my audio stop working?

@PackerCountryUS

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us more information about the issue you are experiencing? Does this occur on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
PackerCountryUS
Level 7

It happens on all channels

0 Kudos
Gibbyg
Level 7

I have the same issue with certain apps, e.g., Apple TV, Plex. Sometimes just certain shows, other tines all shows in the app. Occurs on multiple boxes, I have 4. Updates, reboots, etc have no effect. Changing input has no effect. All worked fine for over a year until a couple weeks ago. Also get randomly kicked out of Daily Wire app each time I use it.

0 Kudos