Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PackerCountryUS
Reel Rookie

Why does my audio stop working?

I purchased Roku Streaming Stick+ | HD/4K/HDR Streaming Device with Long-range Wireless and Voice Remote with TV Controls from Amazon and I have only had it for less than a month (Apr 8th) and having audio issues with it...
When the Tv is first turned on, you move the controls left/right/up/down, you can hear the clicking or acknowledging sounds that you are moving the pad. I can choose the app and start watching the movie/video without issue. It doesn't happen all the time, but eventually, after coming back from an advertisement or from pausing the video, there is no sound. I confirm that the TV volume is not on mute and can move up volume up and down, but still no audio.

I can go out of the app and still hear the acknowledging sounds when moving the controls, but when it goes back to the video, no sound.... Sometimes I can go back to the home screen or a different app to get it back, but most of the time I have to reset the entire Roku device before it comes back...

I have no issue on the other 4 Roku devices, so I have no clue what could be happening. Anyone know how to fix this?

Labels (1)
30 REPLIES 30
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Why does my audio stop working?

@PackerCountryUS

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us more information about the issue you are experiencing? Does this occur on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels?

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
PackerCountryUS
Reel Rookie

It happens on all channels

0 Kudos
Gibbyg
Reel Rookie

I have the same issue with certain apps, e.g., Apple TV, Plex. Sometimes just certain shows, other tines all shows in the app. Occurs on multiple boxes, I have 4. Updates, reboots, etc have no effect. Changing input has no effect. All worked fine for over a year until a couple weeks ago. Also get randomly kicked out of Daily Wire app each time I use it.

Klohara

I have the same problems. Oddly, no audio problems with YouTubeTV or YouTube, but my premium streaming channels all have the same issues. I am current with the new update. I have to power off my TV several times until I can get audio. When I do get it, if I pause it, or if I’m watching a series and it moves to the next episode, I lose audio.

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hey @Klohara

Thanks for letting us know about the issue you're experiencing. 

If you haven't tried yet, we suggest try removing one or two of the affected channels > restart your Roku device > add the channels back in. You can follow the instructions below:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.

• Note: If you are removing a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before you see the Remove channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.

2. Restart your Roku device: If it is inconvenient to reach the power cord to unplug your Roku device, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.

3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

• Note: If you are adding a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you will need to resubscribe.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
froghotdog

I didn't delete any channels, I just went to settings and reset.. came back quick and audio working.

Angels-1954
Reel Rookie

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@PackerCountryUS

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us more information about the issue you are experiencing? Does this occur on a specific channel or does it happen on all channels?

Thanks,
Danny

No on all channels 

0 Kudos
Angels-1954
Reel Rookie

All channels please help 

@Angels-1954 wrote:

@RokuDanny-R wrote:

@PackerCountryUS

Thanks for the post.

Thanks,
Danny

No on all channels 

0 Kudos
Evans968

Same problem, no audio. Tv’s audio ok, restarted several times, adjusted Roku audio settings, deleted Amazon Prime (was watching a Prime movie, paused, then no audio on any streaming channel). Still no audio. Help!

evans 968

0 Kudos