Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
1Fisherman
Level 7

Why does my audio sound like a stuck record? Repeats words about three times and is annoying.

I have an Express that has been doing just fine until today. The audio reminds me of a turntable with a stuck record. It will repeat words about three times. Resetting it does not help. Happens on everything I watch on Roku. Thanks for any help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Why does my audio sound like a stuck record? Repeats words about three times and is annoying.

@1Fisherman 

Thanks for the inquiry.

Is this issue happening on specific channels? Have you tried removing the channels, restarting the Roku device, and then adding the channels back again to see if the issue is resolved?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
1Fisherman
Level 7

Re: Why does my audio sound like a stuck record? Repeats words about three times and is annoying.

Thank you for the reply and yes, I have tried everything you mentioned above and everything I could in settings, and also now if closed captioning is on, it will show the captioning from other episodes, especially Discovery +. It acts up on everything we try to watch. I've ordered an Express + and I will see in a couple days what happens with it. I guess it's the same box, just better remote. I've noticed that little box of mine now gets awfully hot too, but no red light. I received mine from a Marlboro promotion 8 months ago, at least it was free.  I will keep you posted and thanks again!

0 Kudos