Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jaymzbo
Level 7

Why does Roku have so many problems with the spectrum app

The spectrum app always turns the TV off and I constantly get messages saying that the services are unavailable and buffering. I never have troubles on my Samsung TV using the spectrum app. When will these people update their software so this app works correctly? I've seen plenty of other people who have problems with Roku and the spectrum app, so I know it's something they know about and just are not taking the time to fix any of it. 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3\
thetick
Level 12

Re: Why does Roku have so many problems with the spectrum app

Very likely because Spectrum would like you to buy their set top or DVR ($10+ to $30 a month) instead of a no charge ever Roku app.   I'm much more baffled why it is even offered ?

TheTick (aka "Moose Twit" affectionately called by chht)
Roku 3 for Pokémon TV / YouTube / Animal Planet GO / HBO GO. Chromecast for most other media because Roku Mirroring sucks , how many clicks in Wndows 10 (about a dozen) to Miracast on Roku vs 2 with Chromecast.
Verizon FIOS TV and Internet Service
0 Kudos
Jaymzbo
Level 7

I already have a box so I know that's not the case, I just rather use the app because I don't want to rearrange to use it 

0 Kudos
Jaymzbo
Level 7

And you have to have a subscription with spectrum to use the app anyway 

0 Kudos