Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Why do I have to unplug and replug my Roku premier each time I want to use it?

I just upgraded from a Roku 2 to a Roku premier. My until is set to HDMI 3. Every time I go to my Roku, it never loads automatically. I have to unplug it, then replug it for it to work. My Roku 2 never had that problem. Once I unplug it and replug it, it works perfectly. I don't understand why I have to do that at all. When I click on HDMI 3, it should be there. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Highlighted
Level 11

Re: Why do I have to unplug and replug my Roku premier each time I want to use it?

You should try waking the roku up first, then switch to the hdmi input. Just use the remote to press Home, the roku should flash, then switch input on your tv. 

"I might be moving to Montana soon..."
FZ
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Why do I have to unplug and replug my Roku premier each time I want to use it?

I'm having the same issue.  I moved the Roku to a different tv...same thing.  Someone suggested to wake the Roku...didn't work.  Did you solve it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Same here with my Roku Premier.  I must plug/unplug to get a connection.  What's up?

0 Kudos