Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
flgirl004
Channel Surfer

White flashing dots on screen with new Roku Ultra

I upgraded a Roku I'd had for many years for a new Roku Ultra Streaming Media player (since it had an ethernet port so I could hook it up to my cable directly). I was having issues with playback being pixelated at times.

For some reason, when the screen is ever black, I would see white dots like sparkly stars or snow or something but now I'm starting to see those blinking dots during movies I'm streaming. Any idea what's causing it or how to fix it? I didn't have this issue with the old one I had that I used to use through wifi. Thanks!

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
HugoC
Reel Rookie

Re: White flashing dots on screen with new Roku Ultra

I have the same problem. Did you ever find a way to fix it?

0 Kudos
flgirl004
Channel Surfer

No sadly it still does it to this day. 😞

0 Kudos
HugoC
Reel Rookie

I just fixed mine. Have you tried connecting your roku to different ports on your tv? I had to try 3 different ones and the third one worked for me!

flgirl004
Channel Surfer

No it's a pretty big, heavy TV I will have someone help me try that. Thank you!

0 Kudos
HugoC
Reel Rookie

You're welcomeSmiley Very Happy, and good luck!!

devindavis

All, this is caused by a bad HDMI cable.  Replace the **bleep** cable they give you with something capable of 4K UHD.

0 Kudos
pan
Binge Watcher

I found a solution for me. I changed the HDMI cable to a HDMI 2.1. I think the extra bandwidth may have made the difference. I got a short  50cm 2.1 from AliExpress. My Ultra is connected to an LG C2 and on the back of the TV with double sided tape. Flashing white dots are gone.

0 Kudos