Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saurabhs
Level 7

While using Airplay, lag in video causes Audio/Video sync issues

I am using Roku Streaming Stick+, and trying to Airplay from my MacBook Pro. MacBook is paired with a Bose Mini Bluetooth speaker. There is a close to 0.5 second lag between the video on projector and video on the MacBook. But the audio is in sync with the laptop, instead of the projector video. This makes viewing movies on projector is not possible without the sync issues. Is there a fix for this?

29 Replies
Hodges2019
Level 7

Re: Airplay Out of Sync With HomePod / Phone

I would like to add a similar problem with my Roku tv after the OS update to 9.4. I used my Ipad to mirror to the TV using Airplay; however the audio is out of sync. I could switch to my Apple TV device and voices were in sync. Not sure what's going on here. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos
bigreink
Level 7

Re: While using Airplay, lag in video causes Audio/Video sync issues

I'm having a similar problem using Airplay from my Macbook Pro to Roku Ultra hooked to my TV.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@bigreink @saurabhs @Hodges2019 

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide us with the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-is the audio sync fine when being used with your laptop, but not fine when on the TV?

Once we have more information we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Tags (1)
michaela6
Level 7

Re: Airplay Lip sync audio and visual lagging

My Video Mode is off, but the audio and video still don’t sync when using Airplay. How can I fix this? Also is there going to be a HBOMAX channel added to Roku? That would be amazing. 

0 Kudos
tigerlili2
Level 7

Re: Airplay Out of Sync With HomePod / Phone

same problem. on all Roku tvs

0 Kudos
swardd
Level 7

I am having the same issue with MacBook Pro and Roku Ultra.

0 Kudos
DSmyth
Level 7

I am having the same issue. Streaming via Airplay from an iPad mini to a Roku+ 4K stick. I have a noticable lag between audio and video that make any streaming video unwatchable. Videos run fine on the iPad and everything runs fine on the rest of Roku, but try to stream something from the iPad to the Roku and it's out of sync. So much for an HBOmax workaround! Give them their dedicated app but also offer it on channels. Viola! Compromise people. Wave of the future. 

0 Kudos
BBobley
Level 7

Same issue. My Macbook Pro video/audio are in perfect sync if I airplay to my Apple TV device. But if I airplay to my Roku stick, they are far out of sync (making the program unwatchable).

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

As stated in my previous post, can you please provide us with the requested information so we can investigate the issue you are seeing?

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos