Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

While streaming any app the Roku jumps back to home screen.

While I’m streaming any app (Hulu, Netflix or any app) the Roku jumps back to home screen. Sometimes numerous times while watching a show. I have a Roku premiere +. Help. 

5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 17

Re: While streaming any app the Roku jumps back to home screen.

So those apps are crashing. I doubt this happens with EVERY app/Channel.

See if lowering the resolution ie., Settings/Display type>>try 720p  see if it helps.

Roku Ultra ---Ethernet rules---

From now on if people dont upvote me and do as I say I will consider holding my breath and selling my Roku's.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Mine did the exact same thing.   I tried resetting the modem, resetting Roku, unplugging it and plugging back in, unplugging the power then turning it back on, doing a factory reset, checked for updates.  I did all of this multiple times and anything else that I could find on the forums.  The only app that would not do it was Netflix.   Every other one would go back to the home screen within 2-3 minutes.  It would also randomly reset every few weeks.   I finally bought another Roku stick and guess what?  It works perfectly.   The issue was the Roku stick, not the apps or router.  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Mine has also been doing this. It happens in EVERY app- Disney plus, Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Disney now, travel channel. I’ve also done a factory reset, turned off screensaver, removed bandwidth, adjusted resolution, unplugged, with the same issue. It’s after about 5 minutes or so, every show turns off and jumps back to home screen. Wish there was a fix?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Exact same thing happening with mine. For a Dev/Expert reading this post: how can I look at the Verbose Logfile I enabled temporarily to try and capture the details. Someone said the provider app is crashing? I think this started after the latest 9.2.1470 (?) update.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

One week. Zero help. Gone are the days of real support and companies taking ownership and responsibility for their products and paying customers.

Disposable products. Disposable service and support.

Hundreds have devices that stopped functioning properly after a forced update - probably trying to add features to newer models while breaking older ones and "motivating" customers to pay again for latest model. Shameful.