Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kwboatworks
Level 7

Watch on ipad

My tv just died. Until I get a new tv delivered how can I watch on my ipad?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
renojim
Level 21

Re: Watch on ipad

You can only watch The Roku Channel itself on a non-Roku device.  If any of the streaming services you use have an iOS app then you can install it and use that to watch.  You'd need a separate app for each service unless that service is available via The Roku Channel, but to be honest I don't know how/if that works.

I know zero about anything Apple, but if there's an HDMI input adapter you can get for your iPad then you could possibly use it as a display for a Roku device.

Kwboatworks
Level 7

I think you are correct on all counts. Not having tv for a couple of days isn’t actually a bad thing...

0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 21

@renojim wrote:

I know zero about anything Apple, but if there's an HDMI input adapter you can get for your iPad then you could possibly use it as a display for a Roku device.

Apple does have an HDMI adapter for the iPad, but it's an output not input device. You can put your iPad display up on a larger screen, but you can't feed anything into the iPad display. 

Dan
Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos