Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
retired2az
Level 7

Warning signs....

We have a Streaming Express Stick and while watching either a movie on Netflix or Prime, we get a warning sign that the stick is overheating. I've ordered the free connector. The stick is plugged into a surge protector. Should we be doing something else?

The other problem we're having lately is buffering will start to happen after about an hour with a message that bandwidth is low. We've checked both Roku connection and WI-FI and they both say our connection is excellent. I'm not sure what to check for bandwidth. Can weather conditions affect bandwidth? I'm a senior, so no sniping, please. 
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Community Manager
Community Manager

Re: Warning signs....

Thanks for reaching out! We have some tips here that may help when you encounter that type of message: https://support.roku.com/article/226794787-what-should-i-do-if-the-red-light-is-on-or-i-see-a-your-d...

If you've already tried the steps listed, please feel free to send me a PM with your Roku account email address and the serial number of your device from Settings>System>About and I'll connect you with our Support team directly for further assistance. 

Cheers,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos