Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sound

Jump to solution

Thanks!  Changing the setting to "Level"  worked great!

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Are you saying that Roku has no control over the volume of its *own live streaming channel*?  I'm on this thread, not because some third party service has an issue, but because the Roku Channel "Live" option has commercials that will blast you out of your seat.

We have small kids asleep and it makes the channel sometimes unwatchable because the second the commercial cuts it goes to: DAA DAA DUUUU! It's the worst of any streaming service and any OTA channel. Our Roku device does not have a sound-leveling option, and even if it did, it is crazy to need a hardware solution versus demand some level of quality control for your commercials on your own streaming channel. 

"you'll want to contact that channel provider directly"

Roku *is* the channel provider for many people on this thread. This is us contacting them.  Is that perhaps more clear? Smiley Happy  The specific issue where I am seeing this today is Game Show Central inside of Roku Live. But it happens on other Roku Live feeds as well.  Maybe the issue is that these issues are buried in this thread rather than forming a new one.

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

I tried volume leveling on my Roku TV and it didn't help. I give up. Just muting commercials-so annoying!! 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

Roku knows about this issue and they wont fix it because ads are how they make their money. They want the ads to be obnoxious so it gets your attention. It's so annoying, I wish the regular programming would be this loud so I can hear what the actors are saying. I put in a dvd when I sleep at night otherwise loud ads will keep me up everytime they come on.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

So true, you can't hear the program you're watching so you turn it up, then the commercials blast you out of the room. I wish they were both at the same volume also. I would think more people would watch their channel if they would fix it, and then they would make more money. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Ridiculous volume issues.

Jump to solution

try it on the bob ross channel, you are drifting off to sleep and then a canon is shot off

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

don't you mean make you go to the bathroom in your pants?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Re: Volume louder on commercials

Jump to solution

just wish the mute wasn't a pain to use (TCL)

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

my thing is suggesting a try this and i see some have it it didn't work

THERE SHOULD BE NO NEED TO DO THAT

using end hardware to fix a source issue is at best STUPID and this has to stop PERIOD

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Hi there! 

As @atc98092  mentioned, content source audio formatting/leveling is determined by each channel provider themselves. If you are running into an issue with audio inside a particular channel, you'll want to contact that channel provider directly to report the issue, and specify the content or specific commercials/ads that you experienced the issue with. 

On supported models of Roku devices, we offer a feature called 'Volume Modes' which aims to help in situations like these. If supported on your model, during playback of any content press the * key on your remote, and look for 'Volume Mode' in the lefthand menu. Try enabling 'Leveling' to see if this helps reduce the volume level inconsistency. See more about Volume Modes here

Thanks,

Tanner

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

Roku should take the lead on this. Do you think that every one of the users contact al of the channels that are not following the law. What a waste of man hours. Roku is the one streaming the channels can they put a filter on the audio? So it does not change.