Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prime_Is_Better
Level 7

Re: Volume louder on commercials

Jump to solution

I will come back to Roku in 2121, when the ridiculous volume problem is fixed. 

boogernose
Level 18

Jump to solution

Good its been happening since the 50's

float  around a while and when you come back so whaT?

---A problem clearly stated is a problem half solved---.
billfusion
Level 8

Re: Sound

Jump to solution

Trouble with the law is RMS and peak, if peak volume levels are equal, it's legal, although RMS levels are way off.

Kinda like the size 2 font legal notice you see in ads.

It is sad in this modern age they still can't fix

Just like cellphone video cameras that can't get that they should record in LANDSCAPE, not portrait

RoadRanger
Level 9

Jump to solution

Just a FYI - I have both a Roku TV and an Amazon Firestick plugged into it. The problem does not exist when using the Firestick but is insane using just the Roku built-in. I mostly watch Hulu.

Edit> I have leveling on in the Firestick as well as leveling on in the TV so my Firestick audio is being double leveled - maybe why it's perfect?

RoadRanger
Level 9

Jump to solution

Weird, I disabled the volume leveling on both the Firestick and the Roku TV and the programs are now LOUDER than the commercials on the Firestick in Hulu Cat Surprised - sure smells like a problem that Roku could easily fix?

EDIT> On further investigation this seems to be only a problem in the Hulu app for Roku. I'd hope that Roku has some leverage to get this fixed as it sure makes the Roku all but unusable - especially if you have an alternative device without the problem like me ...

Jsizemore
Level 8

Jump to solution

I literally bought this TV a week ago. It does not have these sound options. My sound mode options are: normal, speech, theater, big bass, high treble, or music. I was assured that this is the most recent model at the store but it has it as it turns out it is not. So I have the 32s331 and the most recent I guess is the  32s335. Either way it's newer than the first time you guys said to change the sound options.

If I use the any of the streaming apps with commercials the commercials are literally twice the volume of the show or movie I am streaming.

The same exact apps on my fire Stick or my Xbox the volume of the commercials is not double the volume of the show.

Stop blaming the apps when your device is the only commonality to the problems.

RoadRanger
Level 9

Jump to solution

I disabled the Roku on my Roku TV by having it go directly to my FireStik when I power on - no more ear assault Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Jsizemore
Level 8

Jump to solution

How did you do that? Mine starts up on the home screen

But also the whole point of buying the roku tv was so that I didn't have to run the TV and another device. And to be honest the Xbox for whatever reason has better sound quality between the Xbox and the fire stick. And I was trying to get off Amazon's **bleep** anyway lol

atc98092
Level 21

Jump to solution

@Jsizemore 

A Roku TV can be configured to start up on a specific HDMI port, and I think the TV tuner is an option as well.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Ultra (4670), Ultra (4800), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
Tnrguthrie
Level 7

Jump to solution

This is especially true for the logitech commercial not to mention the ridiculous long load time 

0 Kudos