Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Sound

Jump to solution

It's so you can still hear the commercial when you go to the bathroom or into the kitchen.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

The problem is not inside any particular channel. The problem is when the sound is boosted 8 dB from an external server usually local to the customer, me. It has nothing to do with the volume of what the channel is providing – it's those inserted commercials that are the culprit that you are not taking responsibility for, Roku.

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

However, Roku is responsible for the device that they sell me that blasts out when you let a third ad server insert their brash commercials. Suck it up and take responsibility Roku

Level 7

Jump to solution

As has been suggested earlier, there are probably local ad suppliers that are part of the problem.

But the real problem, is that Roku doesn't want to fix it. This is not a new problem.

And the repetition of the ads is annoying. Come on 3 Amazon ads in a row ? ("its from momies place")

I am beginning to think I may not need the aggravation that ROKU brings.

I do prime and cbs news and I beginning to think that is not sufficient reason. for the troubles.

CBS am news is just not that good

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It is on The Roku channel specifically when you are watching/streaming a movie on THEIR channel the volume of the commercials blasts so loud I no longer will watch movies on there. It is Roku doing it. They should be able to control that I would think. It's so irritating I won't watch movies on the Roku channel. ☺️

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I have a Roku TV and when I do what they say press * blah blah blah an option for volume leveling does not come up. 🤔

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Volume louder on commercials

Jump to solution

I have the same problem if I would of known this I wouldn't have bought this piece of junk then. Can't watch TV at night time because of the commercials bring loud the first few times it happened me and my kids have gotten scared because it's out of the blue. I did every single step to "fix" the issue but I'm ready to put my fist through the freaking TV 

Roku TV TCL 4k hdr

Model 43s421

serial # X000006jyd2y

Roku tv: C127X
DEVICE ID: S03GD05JYD2Y

Highlighted
Level 7

Jump to solution

We've been using the mute button on the TV remote. It is a PITA, but necessary in some cases. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

I was watching a movie the other night through the Roku channel, not one of the live channels, but Roku, they are streaming it. I had to turn the volume up because I couldn't hear the movie, and it went to a commercial and the sound was so loud it scared my cat, and I thought it was going to blow my soundbar. 

Highlighted
Level 8

Jump to solution

It is, sad but true!