Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gusbaker
Level 8

Re: Volume level on my new Ultra 4800X is so low.

Okay, so no one else is updating their status with their problem, I guess I will.

After some back and forth with tech support, I found that if I just selected the "auto select" audio option, the Ultra picks "Dolby Atmos DD+" which is otherwise unselecteble. That makes the audio much better, but is still 10-12 points lower audio then my Xbox One or old Roku Streaming Stick. On top of that, now when I watch videos on Youtube, the first 2-3 seconds of audio are muted. 

Seriously considering returning this dud and going back to my Streaming Stick, at least it worked.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Isst
Level 8

I’m having the same problem.  May need to return the device.

0 Kudos
BOOMnerd
Level 7

I just purchased my Roku Ultra today and had the same issue. I had to change to PCM Stereo to get the volume back to its normal level. 

0 Kudos
thatGuy2
Level 7

How did you do that exactly? I've looked in the settings and can't seem to find it. I just got mine today and got into my tv settings and turned on the auto leveling on the audio, so far that seems to have solved the problem for me.

0 Kudos
tylerg356
Level 7

Try hitting the '*' on the remote and select 'sound settings' make sure "volume leveling" is off. I made this change and it seemed to help with the low volume.

0 Kudos