Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Gusbaker
Channel Surfer

Re: Volume level on my new Ultra 4800X is so low.

Okay, so no one else is updating their status with their problem, I guess I will.

After some back and forth with tech support, I found that if I just selected the "auto select" audio option, the Ultra picks "Dolby Atmos DD+" which is otherwise unselecteble. That makes the audio much better, but is still 10-12 points lower audio then my Xbox One or old Roku Streaming Stick. On top of that, now when I watch videos on Youtube, the first 2-3 seconds of audio are muted. 

Seriously considering returning this dud and going back to my Streaming Stick, at least it worked.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Isst
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem.  May need to return the device.

0 Kudos
BOOMnerd

I just purchased my Roku Ultra today and had the same issue. I had to change to PCM Stereo to get the volume back to its normal level. 

0 Kudos
thatGuy2

How did you do that exactly? I've looked in the settings and can't seem to find it. I just got mine today and got into my tv settings and turned on the auto leveling on the audio, so far that seems to have solved the problem for me.

0 Kudos
tylerg356

Try hitting the '*' on the remote and select 'sound settings' make sure "volume leveling" is off. I made this change and it seemed to help with the low volume.

eternallyhappy
Reel Rookie

Wrong answer sorry!

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Roku Guru

Hi @eternallyhappy

Thanks for the post.

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
hkwang

This Roku employee is a joke. Did you read through the thread? Obviously many of us are having low volume issues with their Roku Ultra and it's very clear what the issue is. When I watch Netflix on my Samsung TV using the Samsung built-in app, I typically have volume at 15-25 range. When I watch the exact same show on Netflix using Roku, I have to set the volume to 45-50. Going from 50 to 80 doesn't make a big difference either.

0 Kudos
eternallyhappy
Reel Rookie

@RokuKariza-D If you read all the posts in this thread you will see the problem.... the volume is too low no matter what you are watching. I bought the Ultra for the Ultra features but I sure would like to hear it. Some things play ok and some dont. My last Roku the small box was great. My answer was what worked for me at the time, however it doesnt anymore.

0 Kudos