Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tedorikk

Volume is too loud on commercials too low on shows/movies

Does anyone else have a problem with the volume on commercials being very loud while the volume on shows/movies is so low that you have to turn the volume way up. This causes the already loud commercials to blast so loud that it could wake the dead. I am very uncomfortable with this as I do not want to wake my neighbors. I have to hold the remote and mute all the commercials as soon as they come on. Very annoying... I do not watch Roku as much as I would like due to this issue and I never listen to commercials. No great loss there... 🙂

Labels (1)
50 REPLIES 50
Rkook
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume is too loud on commercials too low on shows/movies

Yes, it's awe full.I can't watch it anymore.

sherm71tank
Reel Rookie

YES!  Haha, I had to.  It's so bad I don't watch it at all anymore.  It's at least 3 times louder than the show I try to watch.  I hope they fix it soon.  On the other hand PLUTO TV is pretty good.

@Tedorikk wrote:

Does anyone else have a problem with the volume on commercials being very loud while the volume on shows/movies is so low that you have to turn the volume way up. This causes the already loud commercials to blast so loud that it could wake the dead. I am very uncomfortable with this as I do not want to wake my neighbors. I have to hold the remote and mute all the commercials as soon as they come on. Very annoying... I do not watch Roku as much as I would like due to this issue and I never listen to commercials. No great loss there... 🙂

countryphd

We have the same problem. It started very recently.  It is extremely annoying. Even my wife, who hates spending money on electronics, has suggested getting a new TV--and we have had this one less than a year.  It is a 55" TCL.  OS is 9.3

sherm71tank
Reel Rookie

On my 50" TCL Roku TV it's just the Roku channel itself.  Doesn't happen on any other channels.

Irony58
Streaming Star

Same here on my TCL 50" Roku TV. We don't watch Roku as much because of this, but when we do, I use the mute button for all the commercials. It's annoying to do that, but I'm getting good at the switch.

nrschris

Yes I have the same problem with my Roku TV.  I thought the some government made a law or a regulation against this issue???  And obviously we are being short-changed on Roku TV volume, is it because Roku people want us to buy Roku speakers???  My family has a Hisense brand and is waaay better because even background noise on action movies are not overbearing and commercials are the same volume level as movies and shows.

DJayne

I have the same problem. It makes you wonder if they review these comments because it doesn’t change.

sherm71tank
Reel Rookie

I fixed it.  Stopped watching the Roku channel.