Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Volume is too loud on commercials too low on shows/movies

Does anyone else have a problem with the volume on commercials being very loud while the volume on shows/movies is so low that you have to turn the volume way up. This causes the already loud commercials to blast so loud that it could wake the dead. I am very uncomfortable with this as I do not want to wake my neighbors. I have to hold the remote and mute all the commercials as soon as they come on. Very annoying... I do not watch Roku as much as I would like due to this issue and I never listen to commercials. No great loss there... Smiley Happy

Labels (1)
5 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Volume is too loud on commercials too low on shows/movies

Yes, it's awe full.I can't watch it anymore.

Highlighted
Level 7

YES!  Haha, I had to.  It's so bad I don't watch it at all anymore.  It's at least 3 times louder than the show I try to watch.  I hope they fix it soon.  On the other hand PLUTO TV is pretty good.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

@Tedorikk wrote:

Does anyone else have a problem with the volume on commercials being very loud while the volume on shows/movies is so low that you have to turn the volume way up. This causes the already loud commercials to blast so loud that it could wake the dead. I am very uncomfortable with this as I do not want to wake my neighbors. I have to hold the remote and mute all the commercials as soon as they come on. Very annoying... I do not watch Roku as much as I would like due to this issue and I never listen to commercials. No great loss there... Smiley Happy

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

We have the same problem. It started very recently.  It is extremely annoying. Even my wife, who hates spending money on electronics, has suggested getting a new TV--and we have had this one less than a year.  It is a 55" TCL.  OS is 9.3

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

On my 50" TCL Roku TV it's just the Roku channel itself.  Doesn't happen on any other channels.

0 Kudos