Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buddyoneil
Channel Surfer

Re: Volume indicator keeps popping up on screen

Jump to solution

really disappointed with Roku support.   i've gotten 3 emails with 'we've added an update to your support request...'.  what the heck does that mean?  anyway, i think i've identified the problem - which is some kind of interference due to the 10.0 software update with Sonos products.  I disconnected sonos as my primary audio source (just unplugged it and switched to TV speakers) and that got rid of the pop up.  i then plugged the sonos back in, switched the audio source, and the sound worked - without the pop up.   but of course, nothing is that simple.... so now my sonos remote, which still changes the channels on various streaming apps properly, does not control my audio.   for that i need to use my Sonos app (even the roku app doesn't work).  Does anyone have a quick fix for this?

0 Kudos
Jaclm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Its now november this issue 1st reported im May

Roku doesnt support its customers .

Switching to chromecasttv 

0 Kudos
Jaclm
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Really a future update? Its now November and still happening

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hi,

I have been having this issue, I bought my Roku device a few months ago, I don’t think it was a problem initially.

How can I resolve this?

It is fully updated and I will try to reset the device.

Any other suggestions?

Aaron

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still experiencing this issue, can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-screenshot of the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dr307

Jump to solution

Same problem with vlou popping out on the screen. I tried evrything nothi g works. Please help.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Dr307,

We appreciate you reaching out to the Roku community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device? What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing? Can you please provide your device model and your software version, found under Home > Settings > System > About? In addition, can you please specify the exact steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

Once we have this information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos