Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Volume indicator keeps popping up on screen

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue. Can you please provide us the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

-image of the issue

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
Mikhael
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem on the Streambar (9102EU) since the update to 10, or possibly the update before that. It's at video start points mostly, so anything with adverts on like the catch up channels in the UK gets it constantly. Entering some channels brings it up too. Also, oddly, it keeps showing up on the Disney+ search page and watchlist.

Definitely not an issue with how you're holding the remote as this happens with both the remote and the app, and also when you're not touching either of them.

0 Kudos
Marshall3000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Streambar latest version 10.0 and I'm having the same volumn indicator appear on screen. as soon as an advert or a trailer plays its there on screen. 

0 Kudos
Mikhael
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Model - 9102EU

Serial - YL00D6919715

Device ID - 2E108D919715

Software - 10.0.0.4192

Tracker - 15-179-720

The tracker ID is for All4 (version 4.1, build 29) which is where I get it the most, although it happens on most channels. When a video starts (either a programme, or each individual advert within that programme) the volume indicator pops up at the corner of the screen as if we've changed the volume.

This occurs on every channel I've used on the Streambar since the update to OS 10. These are Netflix (version 5.1, build 98088436), Now TV (version 6.4, build 3), ITV Hub (version 2.4, build 7), My5 (version 2.7, build 181), Disney+ (version 112, build 2021032200), The Roku Channel (version 4.2, build 3), and YouTube (version 1, build 93000138).

To replicate simply go to one of these channels and play a video. The volume will pop up at the corner of the screen, presumably as part of a feature to indicate what the volume is as you start to play something. However, every single advert counts as a new video for it, popping the volume level up again, as does re-entering the video from those adverts.

If it is indeed a feature, we could do with a way to turn it off while still being able to see the volume level when we adjust using the remote or apps.

0 Kudos
Clare
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thanks for replying @RokuDanny-R 

I saw the issue 1st on Netflix the volume comes up on every program preview, on 4oD it's at the beginning of every advert, on ITV hub the same. I've only had the streambar a short while and this was not happening when I first purchased it.

Roku stream bar 9102EU, 

serial number is YL005S735097

device ID 2E10A5735097

software Vs 10.0.0

Netflix Version 5.1 build 98088436

4oD Version 4.1 build 29

Really don't know if I did the tracker thing right ..it says issue I'd 97-180-289

Its a bit hard to tell from this photo of my TV but that is the start of an advert on 4oD and you can see the volume in the corner, I was no where near the remote

182423665_3942906822460276_5266178178047676407_n.jpg

dcl2785
Reel Rookie

Re: Volume keeps flashing after 10.0 firmware update

Jump to solution

Does anyone at Roku monitor these **bleep** forums? Would be nice for someone from Roku to acknowledge this issue and advise how to fix it’ll if one is coming. I’d like to be to watch TV or cycle thru apps without being reminded what my volume level is every couple of seconds. It’s enough to make me start using a different streaming device…

Swim500
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Same issue as everyone else on my streambar for the last two weeks.  Volume indicator pops up at every new video, advert, etc.  Also pops up in Netflix and Disney+ when's trailer starts. Pretty much the start of any video.  

Model- 9102R- Roku Streambar

Serial- YL006D143080

Software- 10.0.0 build 4192-95

Device- 2A1096143080

Here's a link to another post in the community talking about same issue: 

https://community.roku.com/t5/Roku-Device-Features-Settings-Updates/Volume-keeps-flashing-after-10-0...

0 Kudos
David18
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I went so far as to return/exchange my still new Streambar, thinking the volume indicator issue was a flaw within my particular unit. It had started with the original unit about one week after purchase. Got the replacement home and the problem was gone... Until a firmware update was pushed onto the replacement unit last week. Now the problem is back with a vengeance. Every time there's a commercial break, the volume indicator shows up... Basically, whenever the screen goes to black and comes back up: at the start of movies, commercials, etc. It doesn't matter what channel I'm watching. I've even seen it when the Home Screen pops up. It's incredibly frustrating, and it's making me wonder if I made a bad investment with the Streambar.

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@David18 wrote:

I went so far as to return/exchange my still new Streambar, thinking the volume indicator issue was a flaw within my particular unit. It had started with the original unit about one week after purchase. Got the replacement home and the problem was gone... Until a firmware update was pushed onto the replacement unit last week. Now the problem is back with a vengeance. Every time there's a commercial break, the volume indicator shows up... Basically, whenever the screen goes to black and comes back up: at the start of movies, commercials, etc. It doesn't matter what channel I'm watching. I've even seen it when the Home Screen pops up. It's incredibly frustrating, and it's making me wonder if I made a bad investment with the Streambar.

It's a software bug that is impacting that device. Roku is working the issue. Report the info requested at the links listed previously.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
Marshall3000
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well as instructed by roku. I've changed the roku hdmi port to another port and the volumn indicator has gone. However it is now not plugged in the arc input as required deeming most of the quick connect functions etc now do not work. Basically the unit is just a paperweight. Going back to the store, swapping back to the 4k stick with a soundbar.

0 Kudos