Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Volume indicator keeps popping up on screen

Jump to solution

Just wanted to rule that out.

I have the Streambar, model 9102, running OS 10.0 and I've not experienced that. And that's why I wanted to rule that out.

Not sure why you're getting that. I'll step back and let's see if others have experienced the same thing.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

DBDukes

Jump to solution

I have an update on this, at least from my perspective.

I'm not getting that same thing. It was only a few minutes after my last post that I saw it. I waited to do some testing on this to see just what's going on. Here's what I'm finding.

The indicator pops up at video start points. Not all, but at many. I've not seen it in the middle of a video.

On Hulu, it happens when a commercial break ends. (Note, I'm using standard Hulu). On YouTube, it happens when the video starts (I don't have commercial breaks, so I can't address that).

Not sure why it's happening, but it appears to be related to the video feed starting or restarting after an ad.

I wonder if @RokuDanny-R might know anything about this.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

KC614
Binge Watcher

Re: Volume keeps flashing after 10.0 firmware update

Jump to solution

Sorry guy I may have spoke to soon. It doesn't appear to happen as much as it did before but it is still happening. This does need to be fixed but who knows when this will happen...??? It seems intermitted so I don't understand what went wrong.

I have other odd issues also like Alexa turning off the Streambar. It doesn't work anymore but I know this is a different issue from this. Just frustrating that things that were small worked but now don't or cause other problems. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

Re: Volume keeps flashing after 10.0 firmware update

Jump to solution

This is happening on my Roku Streambar (model 9120). It seems to pop on the screen when a video starts.

Oh Hulu, it happens when an ad starts, and when the show returns from the ad break. So, when a video, or video section, begins.

On YouTube, it happens when a video is launched. I don't have ads (YouTube Premium) so I can't say if it works just like Hulu in that respect.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
Clare
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you DBDukes, that does sound very much like the issue I have, I noticed it first on Netflix and thought I'd somehow kept hitting the volume button but soon realised that the volume indicator would pop up on screen every time I moved from program to program and a clip of the program would start. Then I noticed it happens when flicking through channels too... I'm sure this has only started happening in the last day or two.

0 Kudos
Jake4

Jump to solution

similar problem but with mlb, mlb sound ok but on the bottom of the screen the following roku numbers flash by every 3 0r four minutes all start with 000 and each grouping has 000 followed by different numbers

0 Kudos
MS97

Jump to solution

Having the exact same issues with my stream bar. The remote will be on the table and the volume indicator shows up. Would love to figure out how to make it stop. It's annoying. 

Nikolas

Jump to solution

I've had the same issue. I won't be anywhere near my remote and the volume indicator pops up. It happens in the middle of whatever I'm watching too.

Clare
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I hope there's a way to stop this from happening soon, I've tried every option but nothing helps, I was watching something on 4oD last night and the volume popped up on screen at the beginning of every single advert, it might just be a little thing but it's very annoying.

0 Kudos
Buffguy1

Jump to solution

I have been having the same problem for the last week or two

0 Kudos