Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bradmoss
Level 7

Volume going to 0 after removing headphones

Hello, I have an LG smart TV with 3 HDMI ports.
I connected a Sony Soundbar to the ARC HDMI port and a Roku 3 to HDMI port 3 of the TV
If I start the Roku without headphones I get the sound from the Soundbar correctly.

But if I connect to and then disconnect the headphones from the remote control of the Roku 3 the volume indicator goes to 0 and no sound gets to the Soundbar nor the TV speakers.
If I reconnect the headphones the volume goes to whatever it was before with no issues but I have to reboot the Roku to get sound from the Soundbar again.

Can you help me understand the problem?
Thank you!
0 Kudos
6 Replies
makaiguy
Level 10

Re: Volume going to 0 after removing headphones

There are a number of threads on this problem.  Until they find a fix and update your unit with it, you've found the only work-around: reboot the Roku.
Roku 3, 4200X, Ser 4124C7087583, wifi connected - Samsung UN55ES6100
Roku Streaming Stick, 3600X, Ser 5S56D8240827, wifi connected - JVC EM37T
0 Kudos
bradmoss
Level 7

Thank you for your reply, much more than I got from Roku technical support so far.
I've read the topics regarding this issue and it seems it's been happening for some months now, maybe they will never find a fix?
0 Kudos
hackztor
Level 7

"bradmoss" wrote:
Thank you for your reply, much more than I got from Roku technical support so far.
I've read the topics regarding this issue and it seems it's been happening for some months now, maybe they will never find a fix?

Seems fixed with OS 9. 
0 Kudos
bradmoss
Level 7

Do you happen to know where can I find information about when will the model 3 be updated to OS9?
0 Kudos
DBDukes
Level 9

"bradmoss" wrote:
Do you happen to know where can I find information about when will the model 3 be updated to OS9?

https://blog.roku.com/os-9-release-notes
DBDukes
http://www.dbdukes.com/
Roku Ultra (4660)
Roku Premiere+ (3921)
0 Kudos
bradmoss
Level 7

Thank you!
0 Kudos