Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlexFred
Level 7

Volume goes up by itself

Hi,

I got my TV about 3months ago and today it started acting weird. I'd put some music on with the volume at 5 and after a while it went up to a 100. I turned down the volume and it did again. I tried unplugging my TV and restarting it but it didn't have any impact. 

0 Kudos
2 Replies
atc98092
Level 15

Re: Volume goes up by itself

You've probably already checked, but see if the volume buttons on the remote might be sticking. But if it's happening when no one is touching the remote, that's unlikely. Perhaps someone is messing with you and using a Roku app on a phone or tablet to change your settings. But they'd have to be connected to the same network as the TV for that to happen.

Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
AlexFred
Level 7

Re: Volume goes up by itself

@atc98092 It wasn't the remote has I had tried to hide it were the signal didn't reach and it would still do it. However it stop doing it this morning so idk what happened but everything's back to normal now.

Thanks for your time

0 Kudos