Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Silverado149
Level 7

Volume control

I have my Roku streaming stick+ plugged into an Onkyo receiver. When I first installed the stick, I read that it would not control the volume on AV equipment, so I added the receiver remote to my array on the coffee table and played two handed TV. One night, about a month ago, I accidentally pressed the volume control on the Roku remote and gasped as the receiver volume reacted. I was elated and spent the next several weeks adjusting volume with my Roku remote.

Suddenly, about a week ago, this function stopped working. I've been scratching my head trying to figure out what happened. I think that to enable it, I might have had the Onkyo remote upside down in the dark and pressed a button that enables CEC. But I just can't figure out how it stopped. I feel like a Griswald trying to turn on the Christmas lights. (Sorry for those who haven't seen Christmas Vacation).

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks
0 Kudos
1 Reply
Heyitsrick
Level 9

Re: Volume control

Not sure if the problem is on the receiver side, but here's a blurb about how Onkyo CEC controls work and where to find them in the menu:

Onkyo CEC RIHD
0 Kudos