Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwesterhold
Level 7

Volume control is disabled using SPDIF soundbar

I have a JVC LT-55MAW595 and a Taotronics TT-SK023 soundbar. The soundbar works fine through the SPDIF optical cable but using it with the TV speakers, it has a stadium effect with the two sound sources not being in exact sync. When I turn off the TV speakers via the audio setting, it also disables the volume control completely. How do I resolve this?

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2\
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

Re: Volume control is disabled using SPDIF soundbar

@bwesterhold

Thanks for the post.

Can you please provide more information about the issue you are experiencing? Are you using a Roku device or a Roku TV?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
bwesterhold
Level 7

Re: Volume control is disabled using SPDIF soundbar

Without seeming too passive aggressive, do you think I would be posting this problem on a Roku support site if it wasn't a Roku device that I was having problems with? I'm thinking this will severely affect the quality of support I get from Roku, but all you have to do is google JVC LT-55MAW595 and you would have had the answer to that question. The thing is, I spent over an hour chatting with Venkat and it resulted with the following "Since it is taking longer than usual, I will check and get back to you via email". Now one would think that after all that time on a single chat that the technician would realize how Roku is entwined in my quandary, but wouldn't you know... Venkat's email response was the same question you just asked me, but no solution to the problem? 

For full disclosure to everyone who might be involved in this, yes... my problem involves a Roku TV. 

0 Kudos