Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidsco27
Level 7

Volume Leveling causes Audio Sync issues

Just to let you know, your new Volume Leveling feature causes Audio Sync issues.  Google it and you'll see others reporting on Reddit and elsewhere with the same problem. Another example of firmware released without testing.  This immediately occurred on my system Roku Ultra, latest Firmware version 9, all apps. HDMI through my receiver. As soon as I turned off the Volume Leveling everything was fine. But, by all means, feel free to blame everyone else except for your lazy incompetent developers and do nothing. It's the Millenial way
0 Kudos
13 Replies
atc98092
Level 16

Re: Volume Leveling causes Audio Sync issues

What model Ultra (there are two different ones) and exactly what version software? Just saying latest version 9 isn't precise enough. RokuTanner will need that information. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
Community Manager
Community Manager

@Davidsco27 

Thanks for letting us know. Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku player from Settings>System>About, the make/model of both your TV and A/V receiver if you are using one. If you could, please also include a couple examples of channels and content that you observe the issue on. I'd be happy to follow up with you directly and help pass your report along to our team. 

Thanks,
Tanner
Tanner D.
Roku Community Manager
0 Kudos
Davidsco27
Level 7

"atc98092" wrote:
What model Ultra (there are two different ones) and exactly what version software? Just saying latest version 9 isn't precise enough. RokuTanner will need that information. 

It's the 4640X  9.0.0 Build 4142-29, but I'm sure the problem is relegated to just this model, and it's related to the new feature, not the particular firmware version.  The Firmware is dated Feb 21, so it's recent
0 Kudos
Davidsco27
Level 7

"RokuTannerDB" wrote:
@Davidsco27 

Thanks for letting us know. Please feel free to PM me with your Roku account email address, the serial number of your Roku player from Settings>System>About, the make/model of both your TV and A/V receiver if you are using one. If you could, please also include a couple examples of channels and content that you observe the issue on. I'd be happy to follow up with you directly and help pass your report along to our team. 

Thanks,
Tanner

It's happening on Amazon Prime for one, and others
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"Davidsco27" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:

It's the 4640X  9.0.0 Build 4142-29, but I'm sure the problem is relegated to just this model, and it's related to the new feature, not the particular firmware version.  The Firmware is dated Feb 21, so it's recent

I have a 4640, so I'll try to remember to test this. I don't usually use the volume leveling, as I don't want my audio dropped to 2 channel. 
Dan
Roku Stick (3600), Ultra (4640), Premiere (3920), Insignia 720p Roku TV, Sharp 4K Roku TV, Nvidia Shield, Windows 10 Pro x64 running Serviio and Plex on a wired Gigabit network.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

"atc98092" wrote:
"Davidsco27" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:

I have a 4640, so I'll try to remember to test this. I don't usually use the volume leveling, as I don't want my audio dropped to 2 channel. 

Watching Amazon on my 4640 now, and I don't see any audio sync issues with leveling or night mode enabled. Connected to a 1080 plasma TV, and audio fed via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V665 AVR.
Dan
0 Kudos
Davidsco27
Level 7

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/ ... ce_update/

https://www.reddit.com/r/Roku/comments/ ... oku_tv_aud

Sorry, as I experienced it along with many others, I'll put my money on them over you. Again, turn Audio leveling in, out of sync, turn it off, in sync. It doesn't get any more obvious than that

"atc98092" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:
"Davidsco27" wrote:
"atc98092" wrote:

Watching Amazon on my 4640 now, and I don't see any audio sync issues with leveling or night mode enabled. Connected to a 1080 plasma TV, and audio fed via HDMI to a Yamaha RX-V665 AVR.
0 Kudos
atc98092
Level 16

I'm not saying because I don't have it you don't, nor other users. I'm simply stating that it doesn't affect everyone. Is it the difference in AVR brand? I have no idea. Just a data point that Tanner can relay back to the developers. 
Dan
0 Kudos
Davidsco27
Level 7

I have a Yamaha as well

quote="atc98092"]I'm not saying because I don't have it you don't, nor other users. I'm simply stating that it doesn't affect everyone. Is it the difference in AVR brand? I have no idea. Just a data point that Tanner can relay back to the developers. 
0 Kudos