Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
rtjarrett
Level 7

Volume Control Button changes both TV and Home Theater

When I set up my Roku stick and remote, I connected it to an HDMI slot on my Onkyo home theater system.  There was some activity to set the volume control button to regulate the volume.  It worked perfectly. My TV was basically set at zero volume and the Onkyo responded to the volume button on the remote.
Something has happened.  Now, both the TV and the Onkyo respond to the volume button.  This causes a very slight echo effect as the TV and Onkyo are not perfectly in sync.  How do I get the remote to ignore the TV?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply
trekkeriii
Level 10

Re: Volume Control Button changes both TV and Home Theater

"rtjarrett" wrote:
When I set up my Roku stick and remote, I connected it to an HDMI slot on my Onkyo home theater system.  There was some activity to set the volume control button to regulate the volume.  It worked perfectly. My TV was basically set at zero volume and the Onkyo responded to the volume button on the remote.
Something has happened.  Now, both the TV and the Onkyo respond to the volume button.  This causes a very slight echo effect as the TV and Onkyo are not perfectly in sync.  How do I get the remote to ignore the TV?

I would find the setting that disables the sound on the TV. Most TVs have it. Enable it when you need to use TV Speakers. I know my CEC setup is smart enough to know, control the TV Volume when AVR turned off, but control AVR when on.
http://trekkeriii.com/Roku_PHP_list.php
Router - ASUS RT-AC68U
ISP - TWC - 50 Mbps/5 Mbps
Net+ Cert
0 Kudos