Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tigers

Voices only on soundbar and not speakers-Extended stereo music selection not working

Jump to solution

Have Roku TV with Roku speakers and Roku soundbar.  Selected music in expanded stereo in order for all speakers in the room to have stereo surround sound, thus hearing people talk through all speakers.  Even though Music selected, I’m getting Movie experience which means I can only hear people talking on soundbar and background music on Roku speakers.  How do I fix?  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Bambam96

Re: Voices only on soundbar and not speakers-Extended stereo music selection not working

Jump to solution

The only work-around I found is in the Audio settings. You have to go into Audio —> Digital output format —> Stereo. Changing it from Auto or Passthrough to Stereo seems to bypass any automatic Dolby settings that take over control.

View solution in original post

12 REPLIES 12
Cappsfam

Re: Voices only on soundbar and not speakers-Extended stereo music selection not working

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue and have not found anyway to solve it. Does anyone know?

Pcola10k
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same problem here, so disappointing. My whole reason purchasing the Roku Soundbar and speakers was to hear dialog on speakers close to the viewing position. Tried many Bluetooth systems only to always have latency issues.

I suspect many consumers aged 60 + are also looking for a cost effective solution. Roku please update the software to allow us to set audio to the music mode and have it stay there, it works great on non surround broadcasts. I'll give the system till my return policy time is close to being up then it's going back if not fixed.... Too bad as other wise it seems to be great. 

Pcola10k
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Well I did find a workaround for Netflix. In Netflix when you select the movie and your on the info screen for that movie scroll down to and select "Audio and subtitles" , then scroll down to Audio: English [ Original] and select ( not English Original 5.1 ) hit the back arrow button then play. You should now get dialog thru the satellite speakers. 

snowshoeNH

Jump to solution

I noticed some channels or shows do not allow me to switch to the music selection. I bought these to extend the distance I could hear dialog in shows without jacking up the volume. Disappointing that I'm stuck with the Roku Bluetooth speakers that often only output surround sound noise.

0 Kudos
Rios22

Jump to solution

I have the same issue. The sole reason I bought the sound bar and speakers was to have the dialogue louder. I don’t care about a snake rattling 100 ft away. Any updates to this??

candj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same Issue Here--If Not Fixed in 1 Month They will be sent back!

0 Kudos
candj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same Here, They Will be sent back if this is not Fixed in 3 weeks!

0 Kudos
candj
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I sent them BACK!

0 Kudos
Bambam96

Jump to solution

The only work-around I found is in the Audio settings. You have to go into Audio —> Digital output format —> Stereo. Changing it from Auto or Passthrough to Stereo seems to bypass any automatic Dolby settings that take over control.