Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jovh
Level 7

Voice does not match mouth

I have a Roku TV in one room and a Roku Ultra in the other.  Both have the same problem.  The mouth and sound do not match.  It is off by a few seconds and is very annoying.  I have reset but it still has the same problem.  Any ideas?
0 Kudos
8 Replies
jeffrok
Level 13

Re: Voice does not match mouth

More info..

How is each hooked up? Are you using soundbars? Which channels are affected? Give as much info as possible.
Yeah, I got some Rokus.
https://youtu.be/d1CSEeqWl10
0 Kudos
lorilogan555
Level 7

I have the same problem on all channels mouths move after you hear the voice.  How can I fix this issue the roku is hd cable plugged into the back of the TV

Judy5203
Level 7

I'm having the same problem but mine is about a 2 sec lag. It's on all apps and roku is plugged straight into tv with hdmi cord. Does anyone have an answer to this?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Roku Employee
Roku Employee

@Judy5203

Thanks for the post.

Customers have reported that they were able to fixed their audio lag issue by pressing * button on remote, going to "Volume Mode" and setting it on "Off". Have you tried this troubleshooting step?

Please keep us posted what you find out.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Forum Moderator
Linda92
Level 7

I just did this and it worked!!!!

0 Kudos
Linda92
Level 7

Press * button on remote, go to "Volume Mode" and set it on "Off".

This worked for me!

0 Kudos
CRed
Level 7

Thanks Danny! It worked just like you said. I have now cut the (cable) cord and come into the modern world.

0 Kudos
Capri69
Level 7

Going to setting and turning volume mode to off worked for my Roku TV - I had it on leveling without realizing and it had a 2 sec lag very annoying. But this fixed my issue. 
Thank you 😊 

4/28/2021 

0 Kudos