Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice command feature on Roku Ultra remote not working

Hello @Len5

We're here to help!

We do not have enough details from your original message to make an effective suggestion. Could you tell us more about your concern?

With more information, we can assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Len5
Reel Rookie

Nothing complicated. I just bought a Roku Ultra and the Roku remote does not recognize any voice commands. It says 'thinking' but then ends with nothing changed. I have tried different channels in my router per one of your document's suggestions - I tried channels 11, 6 and 1 which were properly reflected in network/about. I always restarted the roku device and did the repair sequence for the remote. I read the articles and tried everything that they suggested. I even tried a 5G wireless network which did not have as good a signal strength as the 2.4G wireless network - which said 'excellent'.

Interestingly, the Roku mobile app works fine to control the Roku box with voice commands with an iphone 12 and an iphone 8S.

The remote is firmware rtn.4158, model RC651. The software was last checked 4/23 at 10:39 and was updated 4/22 at 7:39.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Len5

Thanks for the follow up.

Can you please provide the serial number of your Roku device from Settings>System>About? I'll be able to assist you further from there.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Len5
Reel Rookie

s/n   X01000WJH7W2
software vers: 11.0.0 build 5003-C2

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Len5,

Thanks for keeping in touch and providing the additional information.

I have passed along your information to our Support team. They will follow up and assist you.
Keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
F_U
Channel Surfer

Honestly am having same issue and my suggestion would be we should should take the junk back! Had the streaming stick before this one (Ultra) and it was my first Roku so I was not familiar at all with Roku. Unknown to me until to late a red light is a bad sign. Here's the deal, it had a red light from the first time I turned it on and it kept coming up "unable to connect" so had to ditch it. Roku never replies - Ever. Now I'm dealing with this junk. I think the Firestick might just be a better option. My daughter purchased one 4-5 yrs ago and she still has it and it still works. She paid $60. 

F_U
Channel Surfer

All Roku remotes, wired or not are junk.

F_U
Channel Surfer

0 Kudos
F_U
Channel Surfer

SEE DUBNATIOND: HE QUOTES;

I was having the same problem with my Roku box I was able to solve it by unplugging the Roku hdmi cable from my TV set and plugging into a different HDMI port on the TV set solved the "unable to hear try later" voice command error message.

PLEASE GIVE HIM A THUMBS UP

0 Kudos
Slim49n
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice command feature on Roku RC 250 remote not working

Not one listed fix works!

Sadly,  I have a Roku Tv!

Bought a Roku remote w/ voice.

All buttons work correctly.

BUT VOICE COMMANDS.  says csnt hear you! WT Actual Fck! 

ZERO SUPPORT AVAIBABLE!!!