Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hawkeye1
Level 7

Voice command feature on Roku Ultra remote not working

Upon giving voice command request via the voice button, response back is "Unable to hear you - try again." Roku Ultra is 2019 version purchased just a week ago. Roku device has latest software version 9.2 and the model number of the remote is RC412. My internet connection is wired via an ethernet connection. Have tried everything - disconnecting power source and rebooting, re-pairing remote with process of removing batteries, etc. Nothing seems to work. Suggestions appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5\
Tkartz
Level 7

Re: Voice command feature on Roku Ultra remote not working

@Hawkeye1 wrote:

Upon giving voice command request via the voice button, response back is "Unable to hear you - try again." Roku Ultra is 2019 version purchased just a week ago. Roku device has latest software version 9.2 and the model number of the remote is RC412. My internet connection is wired via an ethernet connection. Have tried everything - disconnecting power source and rebooting, re-pairing remote with process of removing batteries, etc. Nothing seems to work. Suggestions appreciated.

I also have a problem using voice command. When I try I get the same, "Unable to Hear You-try again."  I do not see an answer for this issue so posting about it again. I'm in the U.S.  and have already tried the same trouble shooting as above poster. 

0 Kudos
Leslie-Ann
Level 7

I am having this same issue now for a couple of weeks.  I keep trying, hoping that it will somehow work.  I tried different batteries, unplugging everything and replugging them back to no avail.  I love my Roku and rave about it to anyone who would listen.  Now quite sad.

sblackwell75
Level 7

I'm also having the same problem. It hasn't worked since I bought it almost a year ago. I wonder why Roku hasn't responded to any of these questions.

0 Kudos
Leslie-Ann
Level 7

If you bought it less than a year ago you may be able to call them to ask for resolution. My Roku is over 3 years old, so I have no recourse

0 Kudos
Flow
Level 7

I have read posts from w019, 2020 and this one is 2021. I am also having the same problems. Troubleshoot does not work after multiple times. It's almost a year old. Thought about purchasing a new one but after reading this blog it seems it's common old or new. Why hasn't  Roku reached out with a solution. 

0 Kudos