Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cshutch
Channel Surfer

How to turn off voice description setting on Roku

Jump to solution

Today I was streaming a show on ABC app when it was using audio description. I'm not talking about the guide. It was narrating what the actors were physically doing. I do not have any idea how to turn off. I checked ABC and the show I was watching does have this feature. I am using version 9.2. Help

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Wglynn
Reel Rookie

Re: How to turn off voice description setting on Roku

Jump to solution

Drove me crazy for a few days. To correct. Hit star on roku. Go to accessibility. Then captioning track. Select *English instead of english. Fixed mine.

View solution in original post

Hugh_Blewitt
Channel Surfer

Re: Voice Description

Jump to solution

I have had this happen with my Rokus.  Here is a simple step-by-step fix.

Go to your Main Screen.

Select SETTINGS...and then ACCESSIBLITY.

Click on AUDIO GUIDE.  It is at this point that you can TOGGLE it OFF or ON at this point.

Hope this helps everyone suffering with this irritating problem.

View solution in original post

98 REPLIES 98
Beckala1

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue. Someone help please!

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

I haven't used that channel, but try press the * button on your remote and see if there's a choice of audio track.

-JT

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Kristinuhhh
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Same thing here is happening.  Reseting to factory default didn't fix it. Redownloading the app also didn't fix it.  

cshutch
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yes, I have used *. It only goes to CC and when you go into accessibility, it does give you the option of turning the voice guide off/on. But that is different than the voice description, which is comes from the broadcast. Most TV's can turn off but since we're using the Roku to stream, the Roku needs to have this option.

cshutch
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

After chatting with Roku support and ABC support. I have been informed that there is a known issue with ABC's Roku App. ABC said they are working on a fix as it is only happening with Roku. Big thanks to Jessie at Roku Support, sorry for being a jerk.

meek

Jump to solution

This is driving me crazy. Thank you for getting to the bottom of the issue. The narration is so distracting.

0 Kudos
tamee1972

Jump to solution

It’s all of them abc nbc and cbs on my roku

0 Kudos
Wglynn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Drove me crazy for a few days. To correct. Hit star on roku. Go to accessibility. Then captioning track. Select *English instead of english. Fixed mine.

Wglynn
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The tv in my bed room. Different model roku. I had to change to track1 to fix problem. 

0 Kudos