Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mmmkay

Re: Voice Description

Jump to solution

What in the heck!!!! 

I've followed all of the instructions. Everything is set correctly except for the Audio is set to default.

How do I change this?

It's driving me to read a book or do something productive! 

I can't be productive! I'm Lazy and depressed! 

Please help!

kred79

Jump to solution

to solve this on mine I had to pause the video, there was a audio icon option which I selected and it allowed me to change from English (Description) to English (UK) and this resolved.  This was on Amazon Prime

0 Kudos
nhc8811

Jump to solution

I wish this would have worked but I still have the narrator voice

amesgardner3
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

1/19/21 - same problem but on HBO Max App for me...none of these fixes work. 

Jump to solution

This is a HUGE problem on HBO MAX...HELP!!!

0 Kudos
Jac22

Jump to solution

All of a sudden I had this problem and after reading some of the solutions, which didn't work for me, I hit the star on the remote, went to Accessibility, then went down to SAP and turned it off. Problem solved!

0 Kudos
jquin4321

Voice Description I’ve tried everything you guys have suggested. None of this has worked. Only on m

Jump to solution

I’ve tried everything you guys have suggested. None of this has worked.  Only on my Roku does this happen, with all my apps. Hulu , Paramount plus , Disney , every single one. I dont have English 2 only English. Nor do I have audio track. What gives?

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Voice Description I’ve tried everything you guys have suggested. None of this has worked. Onl...

Jump to solution

@jquin4321

Thanks for the post.

Can you please specify the issue you are experiencing? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you already taken to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Dave60

Re: Voice Description I’ve tried everything you guys have suggested. None of this has worked. Onl...

Jump to solution

Danny, read the problem we are all having with Roku devices. Smart TV do not have this problem. As stated by everyone, we are getting voice descriptions on many different apps like Amazon Video, Disney, etc. We have tried settings, captions OFF, stereo only not auto, audio English, Audi English UK, accessibility settings ON and OFF,  this is a problem in Roku and we don’t have control. Why don’t you look at an error in update coding.  Frustrating is I have rehashed 8 pages of folks with same problem

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue you are experiencing regarding voice description during playback, can you please provide us with the following information:

-Roku device model, Serial number, Device ID and Software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-What specific content titles are you seeing this occur?
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
-Please provide what your Caption Settings are being shown when you see this issue occur (this can be found by pressing the * button during playback)

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos