Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aceking
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice Description

Jump to solution

While your show is playing click on your remote's star * button then proceed to "Audio track" and choose English Audio track 2 of 2.

Note: If your Audio track is greyed out preventing you from making your selection then try various combinations from pausing your show to forwarding and/or rewinding  a little then try the procedure again!

I performed many tests to confirm this worked for me and should hopefully work for you too!

0 Kudos
reekid

Jump to solution

I don't have the *English option.🤔

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This is what worked for me! Thank you so much!

0 Kudos
Rachmak

Jump to solution

Does anyone know what the solution to this is? I've tried everything here everybody has said. I still have the narration on and I've clicked it off I've clicked English as the audio preferred language remove the app and then added it back. I don't know what else to do. For me it is Netflix that is doing this. Incredibly irritating

Spacebrat1
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

thank you!  I was ready to strangle the biotch...no way would I have thought to look under accessibility...wow, again, HUGE thanks, Spacebrat1

0 Kudos
Ricardoo

Jump to solution

Hello I think I just figured it out, try this...

push the star button to access menu go to “audio track” the scroll right pass Danish, press again to “choose”English and set this as the language and hopefully this works for you too

0 Kudos
hotyacht

Jump to solution

I just purchased the Roku Streambar, and I'm having this problem on Vision TV (channel 60) - on shows like Keeping up Appearances, etc. (It also happened on another channel but I can't remember which one.) I've gone through all the options (including the star) and there is nothing related to descriptive video.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’m having this issue with season 2 of Victoria on Prime via Roku. It doesn’t happen when I watch Prime on my computer only on Roku. The audio guide setting always says off but it plays anyway. Please fix this bug Roku

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

If the voice is describing what's happening within the video it has nothing to do with Roku's Accessibility setting.  That's part of the audio track within the video.  All you can do is select a different audio track while the video is playing (press the * button on the remote).  If there's no other option for an audio track then take it up with the channel provider, not Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Cheryl4

Jump to solution

I've started getting voice description on HBO MAX. Tried disabling Audio Guide and Shortcut. Doesn't work.

0 Kudos