Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Voice Description

Jump to solution

Having attempted both the toggle of *English vs English and On vs Off, the only thing that stopped that voiceover for me was also selecting "shortcut enabled". 

Seriously, what the heck is with this option ABC?  Options for the disabled are nice, but jumping through hoops to turn it off rots.

0 Kudos
Sylshell26

Jump to solution

The audio track option is there but not highlighted so I can’t access it and the narrative remains stuck on (currently on Prime)

Update: I was able to pause the movie, choose the tiny language icon on the bottom left of the screen, and change from English with audio description to English (no description) -success! 

0 Kudos
rcg5517
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Sounds to me like your Roku needs to be re-set

0 Kudos
Lowlavera

Jump to solution

Its the audio language setting on Abc. It was blank but I still moved the arrow over closed the app and opened it back.  Kept doing until now it says audio selection not available and it has stopped the decription

0 Kudos
GloriaG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks for the ideas, but I have tried all settings, nothing has corrected or removed this issue of descriptive audio. I was corresponding with a gal from ABC, and she passed my request along to the tech department, as they know this is an issue for some models of Roku, but so far, they have not responded. This was 3 weeks ago. If I get a response, and it actually works, I will post here, but for anyone who has not contacted them, I was told to make sure that my ABC Roku app has the most recent updates, and to confirm that your Roku software is also up to date. It didn't help mine, but it might work for you. Good luck to all who are also learning to ignore the narration. You can always log in to ABC.com online on your computer, and that works great, no narration. 🙂

Jump to solution

For myself personally to fix the issue I had to hit the * go to audio track select where it stops talking and then just let the menu close on its own. I have to do this for every episode and if you hit the * button again it messes it back up... but hey you can just do this at the start of every episode and it will go away...  dumb but it works!!! 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Hit * 

hover over audio track 

switch audio tack till it stops talking

let menu close on its own don’t force it 

bam problem gone

do this every episode and you are good!!!

edit: this specifically works for my abc app only one I have had this issue with so far. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Try my way out below it worked for me hopefully it will for you also. 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

This worked.  Thanks for the solution.

0 Kudos