Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cluescookies
Reel Rookie

Re: Voice Description

Jump to solution

I am having the same problem!  Started this weekend (May 16, 2020). I have tried all suggestions in this thread with NO success. 

GloriaG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner,

I started having this issue last night while watching a couple of different shows on the ABC app. The Rookie, The Baker and the Beauty, and another show, just to see if it was doing the same thing. ALL shows on ABC except American Idol were having the same thing with the voice description. I then tried other network apps (CBS, NBC), but none of them are having this issue. I sure hope that a fix is found soon! The descriptions are incredibly irritating for a sighted person.

GloriaG
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Hi Tanner, my Roku began having the issue with the descriptive narrative a few days ago, while watching The Rookie, then The Baker and the Beauty, both on the ABC app. Never had this issue until around 05/20/2020, and have been a Roku user for around 10 years now, and have been watching the ABC app for quite some time, no issues. I am hoping that you can help me get this incredibly annoying issue fixed, as it totally ruins my favorite shows!

Keep us posted, please!

SCSimmons

Jump to solution

Device: TCL RokuTV

Program: Rocketman on Amazon Prime Video

Audio Track Selection shows as 'default' and is greyed out and not selectable

Toggling the Audio Guide selection has no effect.

0 Kudos
Saander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I had the same issue when trying to play “Darkest Hour” through Amazon Prime.  I had tried everything recommended on this thread and nothing worked.  I was able to resolve by taking the following steps:

1) Start your film then hit pause.

2) You should see two icons: text (subtitles) and audio (languages).  Select Audio & Languages.

3) There should be two choices: English (US) and English (UK).  Select English (UK).

4) Play your film.

The English UK doesn’t have the audio guide option.

rcg5517
Reel Rookie

Re: One movie on prime video one one of my Roku devices | Accesibility stick ON

Jump to solution

Try, while your movie is playing, press the down arrow on your remote then scroll up to subtitles then to audio and languages. Change the language from English (US) to English. On mine narrator stopped. Hope this works for you.

mytone1

Re: One movie on prime video one one of my Roku devices | Accesibility stick ON

Jump to solution

That worked!! Thanks so much.

0 Kudos
Mwolfe0583

Jump to solution

Having the same issue, getting the voice description while watching misery index on the spectrum app. Driving me insane please help.  Hisense roku tv

0 Kudos
Mwolfe0583

Jump to solution

My settings only has *English and Track1, every time I select track1 the menu closes, when I reopen the menu it is back on *English 

Gr8pimpin
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

My Roku, no matter what I do, always selects ENGLISH* as the track. No matter how many times I change it to just ENGLISH, it goes right back. Even when I go through all the accessibility options.

Though only in the ABC app does it do the narration.

this seems to be a bug with the Roku. One of 1000.

0 Kudos