Solving playback issues

Find troubleshooting tips and resources for Roku playback speed issues, HDCP messages, power issues, and more. Join the community discussion for assistance.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tsts4us

Re: Voice Description

Jump to solution

This problem just started for us trying to watch shows from ABC.  This on a Stick +, we haven’t changed anything, and shows streamed from ABC last week just fine.  We tried the solutions already posted (turning the audio guide off (it already was), tried pressing “*” 4 times) and nothing worked.  Anyone have any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
Yugirl6

Jump to solution

While watching the show hit * button, you will see close captioning option and one underneath that says audio language or something like that. Arrow down to that option and turn it off. I actually had to uninstall and reinstall abs app in order to gain access to audio language button. It would just keep switching between close caption and done and would never land on the button in the middle. Hope this helps. 

Liz2

Jump to solution

@RokuTannerD wrote:

Thanks for keeping us posted with what you're seeing here. A couple more questions:

- What model of Roku device are you using when you observe this issue?       3800X

- What specific movie, or TV show season/episode were you watching when you heard a descriptive audio track play?       ABC app only The Rookie and Stumptown. Started this past week.

- During playback of content in the channel, press the * key on your remote. A menu will open on the lefthand side of the screen. Are you able to change the audio track selection? Does this resolve the issue and allow you to hear the standard audio?          I was able to change the selection but it did not fix it. 

- Does turning off the Audio Guide in Settings>Accessibility resolve the issue?              No, it does not. It shows that it is off and there is a man's voice explaining the movements of the actors. When I turn it on there is a woman who also talks about how much time is left of the show and the man keeps explaining the actors movements. When I turn it off the woman's voice disappears but the man's voice remains.

0 Kudos
Peanut

Jump to solution

Mine worked fine last night.  Today I have the same problem with the narrative telling me everything going on in the show.  It's every program on ABC.  Not sure about other stations. I have a headache and I'm going to watch my cable TV, since it works fine.  Hope someone from Roku sees this and starts working on fixing it!!!!

0 Kudos
actnc
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Doesn’t work. 

0 Kudos
Sherbears

Jump to solution

Audio description is only happening with my ABC app on my roku tv. It suddenly appeared yesterday.  on roku settings, all accessibility options are disabled, audio track is on *english,  the settings on the ABC app doesn’t do anything but clear history, clicked on star * 4 times when show is on. Nothing is working! Very annoying. Please help! 

0 Kudos
tuross

Jump to solution

I have a TLC Roku TV.  Turning the audio guide off in accessibility does nothing.

Are there any other options other than getting rid of Roku?  Yes, the background voice 

drives me nuts.

Hugh_Blewitt
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I have a 43-inch Hisense ROKU TV and am not really familiar with the TLC line. The following is from the Hisense User Manual.  Hope it helps you.

Audio Guide settings

Audio Guide settings help users who are blind or visually impaired to configure the text-to-speech reader, enabling them to operate their TV more easily. Audio Guide uses voice prompts that speak volume and channel changes, menu options, and setting changes. Access Audio Guide settings from the Home screen by navigating to Settings > Accessibility, and then select from the following options in the Audio Guide section:
 Audio Guide – Turn Audio Guide on or off.
 Speech rate – Select one of four speeds at which to hear spoken guide information: Slow, Normal, Fast, or Very Fast.
 Volume – Select the volume at which to hear spoken guide information, relative to the main TV volume.(Turning the volume down to nothing might be the answer for you)
 Shortcut – Enable or disable the shortcut feature. When enabled (the default), pressing  four times in quick succession enables or disables the Audio Guide.

0 Kudos
Patricia2

Jump to solution

yes my roku kept saying everything tgat happen in the movies i clicked the star button then audio track switch it from English to English.

There are 2 diffrent English's one with descriptions and one without 

oconnelllanders
Reel Rookie

One movie on prime video one one of my Roku devices | Accesibility stick ON

Jump to solution

Tried everything. restart. unplug power. Only the one movie I purchased on Prime. Not other movie and no other device in my house. SO SO anoyying - Using the top of the range 4K Roku - so many glitches!!

0 Kudos