Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Level 7

Video preview out of sync when playing back recorded Fox News programs on YouTube TV

A couple of days ago I noticed that both of my streaming stick+ (3810x) devices and my Roku TV have an issue with playing back recordings of Fox News programs made on my YouTube TV DVR.  I also have a Roku streaming stick (3800X) that plays the same recordings just fine.  According to the update page for my Roku devices, the last update was in August but the sync problem started a day or two ago.  This is very frustrating when trying to fast forward to a specific point in the program.  The preview doesn't even remotely agree with the actual video.  This only happens to recordings of Fox News programs!  Has anyone else noticed this problem or figured out how to solve it? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Video preview out of sync when playing back recorded Fox News programs on YouTube TV

same problem, started happening a couple weeks ago.  tried uninstall/reinstall of YouTube TV, tried factory reset, nothing works.  same problem on Roku Ultra and Roku Stick

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Re: Video preview out of sync when playing back recorded Fox News programs on YouTube TV

I complained to YouTube TV several times.  I am pretty sure it's a problem at YouTube TV because the last time I sent them a notice threatening a move to Hulu it was fixed.  Unfortunately, it only stayed fixed for about two or three hours.  I still have not heard back from them again but will probably hit them up again today.  When it was fixed, I was able to go back and play videos that were not previously playing correctly.  I hope you complain to YouTube about this because the more of us who complain about it, the better our chances of getting the problem fixed.  I am going to forward your post to them in order to try to convince them there is a problem   I bet there are a lot of people having this problem but not complaining about it to YouTube because it only affects their Foxnews recordings.  Gees, it almost looks like some left leaning YouTube employee is messing with us like some of the people who work at Facebook.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

I'm happy to complain about it to YouTube TV, what's the best way to lodge a complaint with them about this issue?  Is there a way to do it from the Roku or do you have a link handy?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Level 7

Hi, the way I did it was to start up a chat session with YouTubeTV.  That ended up with me having the agent email me something and then I used that address to go back and forth with it.  What they wanted was for me to report the videos using the reporting tool that is in the player.  The agent coached me on it but basically you press the down arrow while you are watching the video, then push down again, click over to the left to the 3 dots, choose that then select send feedback.  The choices are not descriptive but that's what they had me do.  Then I kept sending messages back and forth to the agent.  I also sent feedback from the player on my Android phone.  Each time I did, I got a message that I could not reply to that said they were looking at it and they couldn't fix it right now.  Eventually, after about 3 or 4 messages it was fixed but like I said it only lasted about 2 or 3 hours then it was messed up again.  This is the email address I have been using (yt-purchase-support@google.com) .  I did complain to my congressman about this today because I am becoming concerned that it's another big tech dirty trick against people they disagree with.  Maybe I'm off base with that but you tell me how my dvr app works correctly for everything but Fox News! 

This is not a Roku problem, it's a YouTubeTV problem.  i am happy I got some feedback from a fellow Roku user though.  At first, I didn't know what the problem was and I entertained the idea that it might be due to some Roku firmware update or FoxNews app update on Roku.  That's why I posted here.

Thanks!

0 Kudos