Playback Issues - Audio/Video & Power

Help with audio & video playback issues, TV display type recognition & compatibility, HDCP messages, troubleshooting playback errors, advertisements, and resolving power issues.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
stormyskystalkr
Level 7

Video issues with Hulu

Hi I am having issues with Hulu. After ads play, they video freezes on the final fram of the last ad but the audio goes on to the show. This Usually usually last for a minute or two before Hulu crashes to a blue screen with error code P-Dev320. I have no other issues with other streaming apps(Pluto TV, Amazon Video, Curiositytv)

Roku and Hulu software are updated. The issue started after the newest Roku Firmware update. My Internet connection is fine. I tried talking to Hulu support they are no help. I factory reset my Roku, I have uninstalled and Reinstalled the Hulu app nothing helps.

I have a Roku Express 3930RW series software version: 9.3.0 Build 4170-AE no other problems streaming Hulu on other devices (Phone, computer, PlayStation 4). 

Side note: The last Hulu Support agent told me that Hulu is no longer Supported on the Roku Express. But on the Hulu support page the Roku Express is Listed as supported device. 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
3phrain
Level 7

Re: Video issues with Hulu

Same issue, same Roku model and I've taken similar steps in an attempt to fix the issue: update Roku, remove channel, reset Roku, add back channel. No success. If you fast forward for 1 secund it will start to play again but very annoying. Just started doing what 2 nights ago....

0 Kudos
rolandrummel
Level 7

Same issue as above except I only have the issue on one of my TV's. My bedroom TV has no issue with HULU. Started yesterday and I have tried the same fixes as the other users above. Any Help would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
Snyder2010
Level 7

I have the same exact issue. I bought a brand-new Roku Express, after I hooked it up, Hulu was the only thing that had an issue. I took it back to the store thinking that it was the Roku and got a new one, only to have the same exact issue with the new Roku Express. I have a Roku Premiere that I've had for years and never had any issue with. I even tried hooking up the new Roku in a different room with a different TV and I still have the same issue. 

0 Kudos
Mamamal0912
Level 7

Same issue! I have the express 3930X, two to be exact and both have the same issue with Hulu. My roku stick (old) and an older version of the express work just fine. I’ve reached out to Hulu and they say they’re aware and working on it. Yet trying to get customer support for this issue isn’t available through the roku website. It says technical support isn’t available for the model or problem. How lame is that! They’re aware of the issue they just don’t care to fix it. Both of these are new roku systems that I set up beginning of June this year. We need to flood support with this and maybe they will actually do something. 

0 Kudos